career Stats Only show league goals and apperances ?

If you click on the season by year on the player career history section it will show cup, european and international appearances. Non-competitive get lost along the way though. And it is annoying that there isn't a way to combine all of them into their overall career history :thdn:

If you click on the season by year on the player career history section it will show cup, european and international appearances. Non-competitive get lost along the way though. And it is annoying that there isn't a way to combine all of them into their overall career history :thdn:

how do you view player history year by year ? :confused:

on the history screen for each player there is an arrow to the side of each season they have played in. Click that and at the bottom there will be what games/goals/ave rating they have had in each of those - exactly like it would show for the current season. Just does not get transferred onto the totals

I hope you understand that!!

I just love stats, hopefully one day we can have league history and complete career tabs.

When you play in the higher leagues, cup games come thick and fast. It just bugs me though when say two years down the line, I click on history of a now veteran Tevez , to see he only scored 7 league goals in 25 apps in 2015 (Now 2017) but actually amassed a total of 22 goals that season in all competitions.

I can't believe SI still haven't made it an option which item to display as the career totals! Surely it would be easy enough to set it up so we could pick:

- League (default)

- Continental

- All Club matches

- International

Make it a drop-down on the players' History page or an option on the Preferences screen, and let us pick which we prefer to see.

It's always been this way and I think this is the best option to be honoust. When you start adding the national cup games for instance stats become incredibly messed up. E.g. in The Netherlands in the first 2 rounds of our national cup the big teams usually play teams from a lower league or even amateur teams, resulting in scores of 8-0 or something alike. If you have a striker scoring half of those goals he'd easily get 5 or 6 goals in the first 2 rounds of the cup, with ratings above 9.0 which obviously isn't comparable to scoring 1 goal against a title contender in the league...

In my opinion just having league goals and appearences in the stats make it easier to compare players and/or see whether they've been playing good enough...

Yeah this should definately be included in next years game. A drop down showing the choices Amaroq mentioned but with domestic cups as well. Might not effect the game too much but if you have a striker you only use in the cup or are buying a reserve striker only used in cups you can see how prolific he has been in the last few seasons without clicking each separate season.

It's always been this way and I think this is the best option to be honoust. When you start adding the national cup games for instance stats become incredibly messed up. E.g. in The Netherlands in the first 2 rounds of our national cup the big teams usually play teams from a lower league or even amateur teams, resulting in scores of 8-0 or something alike. If you have a striker scoring half of those goals he'd easily get 5 or 6 goals in the first 2 rounds of the cup, with ratings above 9.0 which obviously isn't comparable to scoring 1 goal against a title contender in the league...

In my opinion just having league goals and appearences in the stats make it easier to compare players and/or see whether they've been playing good enough...

I can't believe SI still haven't made it an option which item to display as the career totals! Surely it would be easy enough to set it up so we could pick:

- League (default)

- Continental

- All Club matches

- International

Make it a drop-down on the players' History page or an option on the Preferences screen, and let us pick which we prefer to see.

NLmichiej, with Amaroq's suggestion you get whatever view you want.

Not having an overall career view is one of my pet hates too. It's been requested for at least the last 3 versions :mad:

^^^ and that's exactly why I would want the drop-down.

I've come to appreciate why the default is "League", and can get behind it. However, I still want to be able to see my players' career totals in all competitions, for example.

• Administrators

I think the reason it was done like this is because all 'pre game start' statistics are just league appearances/goals - obviously the researchers workload would vastly increase and some figures won't be available - just for consistency's sake this is how it is currently displayed in the game. Personally I'd like every stat under the sun in there somewhere or another :D

That's definitely been the argument given for the current system from the day it was introduced.

The counter-argument, I think, is that nobody expects the researchers to go off and find obscure Cup appearance stats for every player in each season .. I just want to see it from the day the game starts, onward, the way we did up through FM'05.

Archived