Spanish "B" Team problems/questions

Four years into my career game I've just swapped Serie C1 in Italy for a larger (resourced) club in the Spanish Second Division B. In Italy I'd keep my entire first team squad match fit by making any players who hadn't seen match action for a while available for my reserve squad (for which I'd arranged a series of weekly friendlies). It was a system that worked well.

However now, having organised my first team squad of 22 I'm left with a couple problems. I can still drop any temporarily unused players into my "B" squad, but it's a lot more work. Rather than just making them available, I have to de-register them from my main squad and drop them into the B team, which takes another "Continue" to come into effect, and then remember to bring them back into my main squad in case I need them.

Also, my "B" team is not in an active league. This is obvious since my main squad is in the lowest playable league, but unlike in the past (or for my Italian reserves who didn't have a league to play in either), I am unable to arrange friendlies for them.

So two things - firstly, does anyone with more experience of playing in Spain on FM09 have any tips for how to achieve what I want to much more easily and smoothly. And secondly, while I very rarely like to moan on here, what was wrong with the old Spanish B team system? (had some great career games in Spain on previous versions of the game).

Archived