Some silly issues...

I think for next FM SI should really drop the comment "The fans are leaving the stadium - they've seen enough of this". It's funny when I'm Bayern and in 1st round of Cup I play away against some non-league team and I'm 4-0 up and their fans leave. IRL they expect to be trached and still a game against Bayern is a big game and they celebrate the historic match for their team and not the result.

It also happened to me in CL semi final. I won against Fiorentina at home 5-0. In 70th minute of second game they were 3-0 up and the fans started to leave. Well bad for them, as they misses a dramatic 5-0 "eqaliser" in 94th minute and a dramatic extra time, when my team scored a 6-1 goal in 119th minute to advance to finals in extra time.

Another silly issue is "favourite staff". As manager of Bayern I had Veloso on my team for about 10 seasons and now I'm in year 2046 and he is managing another team and I'm still listed as one of his favourites. But when his team plays aginst mine and he giver poor statements against me and my team in Interaction screen it says that he has a poor opinion about me. It doesn't make sence.

I realise that both these issues are mostly cosmetics and don't prevent me from enjoying this game but still it's something to be considered for future...

I like the idea of favourite staff but it DOES need an overhaul. I was at Newcastle for 8 seasons, winning three league titles, numerous domestic cups and two Champions Leagues (not a lot in FM terms, but I didn't use ANY cheat programmes or the Tactics or Good Player guide, so I'm pretty happy with that). I still wasn't a favoured personnel. I should have been a legend!

Meanwhile, in about 2012 I signed a technically-gifted German lad aged 19. I was forced to play him a few times due to injury, and he scored on his debut, then around 12 goals in 10 games. He was instantly on the favoured personnel list. However, next season he went off the boil, and I realised his mental stats were not increasing fast enough, and I ended up flogging him to Leeds. Four seasons later, he's still on Newcastle's favoured personnel list.

He's on the list along with Adriano, who played two pretty good seasons for me, but then got all big-headed and demanded to move to a bigger club. I made a healthy profit on selling him to Man City (£20million for a 31 year-old? Bargain) where he played perhaps 12 games in two years before going off to Birmingham and relegation.

Yeah, it's cosmetic, but I can see why it's annoying.

That said, I would much rather they focus on getting the transfer system right - AI managers signing four left wingers while they only have one for the right is of far more concern to me.

With my first go at Bayern I was there for 10 seasons, winning 10 league titles and 4 CL-titles. It's definitely more than Hitzfeld, but ha was on favourites list and I still wasn't...

But the thing I mentioned with Veloso is still a bit sillier...

I find its sometimes less likely for away fans to leave early as they have to wait for buses or things after the game. I remember at a hibs v livingston match a few years ago. We won 7-0 but alot of livi fans where still there at the end. Most of them where cheering every time their team conceeded after 4 lol.

now I'm in year 2046 QUOTE]

really? what leagues you have running?

Germand (3 div.) England (3 div.) Italy and Spain (2 divisions), France, Holland, Russia, Argentina and Brasil (all of them just the top division)...

However, I should mention that it's the only game I've started in FM09, so I'm playing this one for about half a year now...

Archived