Quick Question

Right, i have a quick question to ask you guys. I stumbeled accros this post on a forum a few minutes ago and its an interesting concept.

MoTD, not match of the day, but maths of the day. Now excuse the ambiguity of my little opener, I promise the following formulae won't be as complicated.

Within my first season of management with Shrewsbury I struggled to pick up some form in the opening few months. I decided this was due to an influx of new players, especially within the midfield region. In order for my side to gel I designed a formula to help my sides gel and thus picking up results. It's very simple.

It's simply a 50% rule. For example in a 442, at least 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 striker must be present from the original. Look to balance it evenly however; LM (New) CM CM (New) RM - Never have two new CM's, this is a very delicate area, also CB's. Two new wingers isn't a problem on the other hand, although still look to have a good winger in the squad at any given time you without compromising too much quality.

Goalkeeping Rule - If you have two original CB's, then a new GK is acceptable even with the 50% rule in deference. If you've got two new CB's then the GK must be experienced. If you have one original and one new CB, then a GK is still allowed however.

"Originals" - Naturally this means the players present at the squad when you take charge, considering you take charge at the start of the nations season. If you take over at a latter point, then it's important to see whom has been brought in prior to your management and them maintain them redundant from your original side.

Becoming an original obviously isn't possible. Although based on season upon season, it's important to maintain this rule still taking into consideration your original side. A player can only really become a "base" player (Redundant from the rule) after a minimum of two season, although I give this three meaning in your third season you should still look to have 50% of your originals. In my current Shrewsbury side I have 25% defence, 50% midifield, 100% strikers natually I'm set to concede many goals however I do believe it takes 6 months for the 50% rule to kick in. Anything greater then 50% for example my 75% defence it's likely to never be stable within it's first season, hence why I have a RB on the bench whom is part of my original squad. Although it's important to note I have two new CB's and a new GK, however again, my GK is established and I look to maintain one of the CB's over the age of 30.

This somewhat lighthearted theory is still being experimented with. If you believe you have any important observations to add, please do so. If you believe you've got a predicament in which your squad cannot gel, then please try this theory and note feedback within this thread where deemed necessary.

I would like to hear all your opinions on this. Would greatly appreciate anyone from SI's comments as to if this is along the lines of something that is ncorperated into the game or not.

Cheers :D

Interesting theory but impossible to authenticate or otherwise.

There are always going to be problems integrating new players into the side but it cant be simplified as above. The critical points are the attributes of the existing core players, the overall sqaud harmony and the adaptability ratings of the new players, which will be different for every team

All SI will tell you is to beware of too large an influx of new players as they take a while to gel into the squad

Archived