Does it matter what you answer for all press conference questions?

What I mean is, I'm getting a bit tired of going through the press conference questions, choosing what I assume are decent answers that might affect my team, only to be asked near the end what my relationship with the next/previous manager is, choosing the standard good answer, then being told that my squad will react well. Do my other answers have any affect whatsoever on anything? And actually, what does a positive PR icon really mean? One of my players had one before my last game. It was the "determined to prove X wrong" one, except when he started the game he was looking complacent.

What I mean is, I'm getting a bit tired of going through the press conference questions, choosing what I assume are decent answers that might affect my team, only to be asked near the end what my relationship with the next/previous manager is, choosing the standard good answer, then being told that my squad will react well. Do my other answers have any affect whatsoever on anything? And actually, what does a positive PR icon really mean? One of my players had one before my last game. It was the "determined to prove X wrong" one, except when he started the game he was looking complacent.

The PR icon means that your answer has affected a player's morale - positively or adversely. So if you don't answer well, you may find that some of your players struggle to motivate themselves for the next game.

Why do they waste our time with so many questions then? wWhy not just have the key question and get it over and done with then.

I'm not one of the many who can't stand press conferences - they don't take up enough time to be worth hating - but couldn't different players be affected by different questions? If I praise a player, he's not going to ignore it in his excitement about my views on Steve Bruce.

Archived