Am I a management genius...or am I missing something?

I achieved promotion as Wolves in my first year, and set about drastically remodelling my squad.

I dumped over 30 players, 15 of whom at least were members of the first team squad last year.

Then I brought in 11 new players to the team.

But my squad was gelled by the time the season started - and the board keep praising me for the positive atmosphere around the club.

4 of my signings don't even speak English, and whilst I try not to sign players who "will have to do a lot of adapting to fit in," I don't really focus on it too much.

My other squads have taken all season to really hit it off - so I was just wondering if everyone else finds their teams bonding this quickly, or if my squad have been using the secret "paintballing and karaoke nights" option in team settings

Looks like you may have lucked in tbh. I've never brought in too many players in one season for fear of my team not gelling so can't really give you my experiences.

How are you doing in your 1st season in the EPL?

Maybe you got lucky with high professionalism and adaptability. Both hidden stats, I think.

When I drastically overhaul a squad I tend to do brilliantly for the first 3-4 games, then it's a struggle until Christmas. Possibly the squad start trying to impress their new manager, or maybe they get over-confident.

Archived