is it cheating?

The reason I say this is beacuse I'm managing Arsenal and although Rosicky IRL didn't play any part of this season Eduardo, Fabregas and Diaby all returned quicker in real life than in the game so I edited their injuries so they started fresh. However, ironically after a couple pre season freindlies, quite a few of my players suffered from broken ankles and were missing for 3 months....maybe the game needs a % of players to be injured at any given time?

The reason I say this is beacuse I'm managing Arsenal and although Rosicky IRL didn't play any part of this season Eduardo, Fabregas and Diaby all returned quicker in real life than in the game so I edited their injuries so they started fresh. However, ironically after a couple pre season freindlies, quite a few of my players suffers from broken ankles and were missing for 3 months....maybe the game needs a % of players to be injured at any given time?

Real life manager's don't have a choice of how many players they have injured at a certain time so why should it be like this in FM. Takes away the realism. If you were in the editor - why didn't you just edit their injury time to be shorter instead of wiping their injuries completely?

Real life manager's don't have a choice of how many players they have injured at a certain time so why should it be like this in FM. Takes away the realism. If you were in the editor - why didn't you just edit their injury time to be shorter instead of wiping their injuries completely?

True, I could have done that... I guess I didn't want to be left without Eduardo for that length of time. Although I think I will start again as it does feel a bit cheap. I've also devised a pretty good 4-3-1-2 which took quite some time to tweak so i guess that will be a positive. I will now look to loan a striker to rectify this problem, any suggestions?

True, I could have done that... I guess I didn't want to be left without Eduardo for that length of time. Although I think I will start again as it does feel a bit cheap. I've also devised a pretty good 4-3-1-2 which took quite some time to tweak so i guess that will be a positive. I will now look to loan a striker to rectify this problem, any suggestions?

You're best bet is the Arsenal thread in the Good Player & Team Guide forum. Player naming isn't allowed in GD :thup:

You're best bet is the Arsenal thread in the Good Player & Team Guide forum. Player naming isn't allowed in GD :thup:

How about you give me a clue then....we can play twenty questions... i'll start us off....is he male? is he over 20? does he have brown hair. only joking. thanks

I think he means because there's a perceived fault with the game. There isn't a fault, the amount of injuries is realistic, if frustrating. IRL West Ham stared last season with something like 10-12 first teamers out, and Newcastle had at least 8 (sorry, this is from memory), so yes, I'd say it is cheating. But if it doesn't ruin your enjoyment of the game then it's up to you. It's your cash.

If this is not what you meant, sorry, just ignore me. But if anyone is having problems in this area there are ways around it.

Check the tactics and training forum for more tips on training, but I tend to have one for GK, Defenders, Mid-Regular, Mid-Attack (wingers mainly) and Strikers. Physical training is a couple of clicks below halfway. Even 1st season I have very few injuries.

Is it cheating to change the data editor so that my players aren't injured?

Its your game so its up to you how you play it. I can understand you wanting to start a game with all your best players but if you remove their injuries theres nothing to stop them from picking up a more serious injury at a later date that will keep them out longer than they were with their original injury. This happened to me with Torres at Liverpool. I just got him back after being out for six weeks then a couple of games later he broke his leg and I lost him for the rest of the season.:(

Archived