"Ask a player to stop his PPM" --- Ever works??

Hi, i would like to ask if any of you asked your players to stop their PPM and it works??

I keep trying to ask one of my AMC to stop "trying killer ball often" but he refuse all the time. So many possession was lost as he stupidly try killer ball most of the time and i have forced to sell him, even he is a wonder kid!!! :mad:

Yeah the younger you make them forget the easier but it works on the majority of players if you have beein in the game long neough.

Out of interest the player in the AMC spot was high up the pitch so surely even though he does miss place some passes he will get ones that work well?

Only done it once and that time it worked.

It was my first season in the game and ihad taken charge of Man Utd. I had set my experience to International footballer.

The player i asked to change his PPM was Wayne Rooney and i asked him to stop blasting shots from long range as he had 4-5 of these every game off target.

He just replied that he would try and 4-5 months later i was informed he had addopted his game.

Have had plenty of players decline to learn new ones though. Usually players over 25.

Just curious if you've tried setting the 'try through balls' slider to rarely and if that helps?

I've always wondered what happens when you set settings for a player that directly contradicts their PPMs, would they listen to you or play their natural way regardless?

Only done it once and that time it worked.

It was my first season in the game and ihad taken charge of Man Utd. I had set my experience to International footballer.

The player i asked to change his PPM was Wayne Rooney and i asked him to stop blasting shots from long range as he had 4-5 of these every game off target.

He just replied that he would try and 4-5 months later i was informed he had addopted his game.

Have had plenty of players decline to learn new ones though. Usually players over 25.

Good to hear that even established player like Rooney would take the suggestion and drop the PPM you dont want to.

To Torpy:

I have to set my AMC to "try through ball" rarely but he still make many unnecessary through pass compare to my other midfielder. It is very annoying while i am up against a defensive team with 2 DMC and this guy keep passing the ball to the walls.

To be honest i think SI get this PPM wrong, it should be "Good with killer ball" instead of "Try killer ball often". As manager i can often tell a player to try more killer ball as required (so this PPM make no sense at the first place), however, i cant ask a player to play better killer ball.

To be honest i think SI get this PPM wrong, it should be "Good with killer ball" instead of "Try killer ball often". As manager i can often tell a player to try more killer ball as required (so this PPM make no sense at the first place), however, i cant ask a player to play better killer ball.

It does make sense, it means their natural instinct is to try a killer ball, just like "shoots from range" means they want to shoot from range - it's a preference that work in conjunction with player tactics, it's not overwritten by tactics.

Their ability to do it successfully isn't how PPMs work - although it raises a possible new idea.

It does make sense, it means their natural instinct is to try a killer ball, just like "shoots from range" means they want to shoot from range - it's a preference that work in conjunction with player tactics, it's not overwritten by tactics.

Their ability to do it successfully isn't how PPMs work - although it raises a possible new idea.

I agree with you and i think we should have both PPM, in terms of quality or frequency, ie:

"Good with killer ball" -- Quality

"Try killer ball often" -- Frequency

It works similar to long shot:

"Shoot with power" -- Quality

"Shoot from distance" -- Frequency

Archived