Best default skin of recent FMs?

Best default skin since FM07?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Best default skin since FM07?

I don't like the FM08 default skin or the FM09 skin. The white skins blind me.

By contrast, I really liked 07's default skin. It was more interesting, less blinding, easier on the eye, and easier to navigate with. I found it more logical to have the breadcrumb buttons (for tactics, training, squad, etc.) at the bottom, rather than the top. I also preferred the colour of the numbers- oranges rather than blues.

I'd like to get an idea of what other people think, because I feel slightly let down from the really high standards Ter set with the 07 skin. I was going to ask Ter if the next skin could be more like 07's, but it struck me that I may be in a minority.

IMPORTANT: Please only vote if you have played in at least two of the three skins!

Even more important: Do not vote for the skin which does not exist (dark 09)

I'm with you SCIAG. Not a fan of 08 or 09, both of which I changed to Steklo as soon as it was out.

FM07 brings back the memories though. I never felt the need to change that skin. Absolutely awesome. :thup:

Easier on the eye, definitely.

I've loaded up FM07 recently for a look at an old save and I was presently surprised by how good the skin actually was.

C.

Poo. Was that a FMH feature? I remembered there being a "we've got two skins" bit in Miles' feature video. The screenshots I've seen must have been skins made by the community.

I'm stupid.

Yeah the FM07 one was absolutely amazing, I loved that skin. The attribute colours just seemed so much better too, I felt like I got a feel for the quality of the player just by glancing at his attribute colours

• SI Staff
Poo. Was that a FMH feature? I remembered there being a "we've got two skins" bit in Miles' feature video. The screenshots I've seen must have been skins made by the community.

I'm stupid.

Yeah it was FMH I think

Flexion all the way.

Wasn't able to play 08 before a dark skin came out. Man that thing was bright.

since i have always downloaded the flexion remake for 08 & 09. Never liked other skins way of positioning the buttons. That is one thing i feel is right on the 08 & 09 skins, but the color just is of.

There are actually two FM09 skins the blue-white one that is the default one and the green-white one called FM08.

I actually prefer the blue-white FM09 skin, the FM08 was too bright, I tried going back to a dark one for FM09 but the default one is more comfortable on the eyes.

FM07 Flexion - but I prefer darker skins in general. The FM08/9 layout just dark metallic grey would be better imo.

What was the skin for FM06 like?

Found it on Google.

FM06 - looks good but very bitty - blue doesn't go with the grey.

FM05 (Craig Hunter ;)) - not keen, it looks like 5 seperate skins put together in excel.

Am I the only one that actually likes the FM09 skin?

I do as well, in fact the last two skins are the only ones I've chosen over the 3rd party skins that have been available.

Going back a bit though, Ricey made awesome skins for FM06.

FM07 Flexion - but I prefer darker skins in general. The FM08/9 layout just dark metallic grey would be better imo.

What was the skin for FM06 like?

Found it on Google.

FM06 - looks good but very bitty - blue doesn't go with the grey.

FM05 (Craig Hunter ;)) - not keen, it looks like 5 seperate skins put together in excel.

The FM05 one you've linked to is just a mockup, a real image is here

(screenshots form all the previous versions are still here

I much prefered the colour of the 07 skin but not the style of the font, too bold for me. I like the 09 font but not the colour, too bright, so i found the happy medium of Steklo.

Yep, 2007 default skin is a masterpiece for me, love warm, clear colours. I even had it's background set as my Windows background for a while.

Hated 2008 one, 2009 was definitely an improvement, so that would be my second choice. Though the skins are the smallest problems about these two games because you can always change this thing for the one you prefer... unlike many other features :rolleyes:

• SI Staff
I like the 09 skin. However, player pictures have got even worse this year. I thought some of the photoshopping for 08 was bad, but 09 is horrendous.

Reporting specific examples in the bugs forum is probably the best thing to do about that. Although it won't make any difference now.

I wonder what's your idea for FM2010 skin... I can see a patern here: CM4, CM03/04 - blue, FM2005, FM2006 - light green/blue, FM2007 warm, deep green, then FM2008 and FM2009 mix of pale colours.

I hope it's time to go dark skin route, I remember couple of very nice skins like 'afterdark', 'black-in', 'fade to black'. Would love to see something similar this year.

• SI Staff
I wonder what's your idea for FM2010 skin... I can see a patern here: CM4, CM03/04 - blue, FM2005, FM2006 - light green/blue, FM2007 warm, deep green, then FM2008 and FM2009 mix of pale colours.

I hope it's time to go dark skin route, I remember couple of very nice skins like 'afterdark', 'black-in', 'fade to black'. Would love to see something similar this year.

There isn't really any pattern to be honest

Well, you have already used the most obvious colours (green*, blue*) then switched to white*. You don't keep the same colour more than 2-3 versions straight so I should be high time to go dark. ;)

*as dominating one in the skin

• 4 years later...

I think the FM07 default skin is still the best, I dare say it was the perfect default skin. It was really nice to look at, the colour variations were great and the layout was different/special.

I'm still waiting for SI to reproduce the brilliant FM07 skin, or a similar skin with modern FM's.. but it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Anyway, sorry to bump a 4 year old thread.

Maybe you should start another poll Sciag with all the newer FM skins, and see how Flexion fairs now. (If many people are now around to remember the FM07 skin)

Archived