Is ass man pick team reliable?

It depends on the Asst abilities- if also you are talking about the reserves, being available must be checked as well as their squad status.

Can you advise what are good stats for Ass man please? I have had the same one for three league promotions, so should probably invest in a better one now. Hopefully that will clear up random selection policy!

Thanks,

GHT

I'm not sure which abilities are most important, but JPA/JPP, Man Management, and Motivation all seem to make sense.

I've also noticed that the Assman will tend to rotate players, particularly those who you have on rotation. He also seems to account for recent form. I usually let him pick my team, then go through it and decide if each player is legitimately good enough to play for a game; some of his selections can be fairly goofy.

I have often wondered why the ass man does not pick some players. Currently I have a FC who is a goal a game wonder, 100%, yet the ass man doesn't even put him on the bench. Am I missing something?

I would say that it all depends on the Ass Mans abilities. If he is rubbish then he may not be picking players you think should be picked. My solution to this is only have an ass man for interviews. If he messes them up then i would get rid of him.

When I select a squad for a match, then click "A.M. select team", he picks the same XI I have, usually, or ten out of 11 occasionally .. though he does scramble my order of subs pretty wildly. :D

Your "goal a game wonder" must have ideal attributes for your tactic, but a lower reputation and/or CA than some of the other players in your side; that's why the A.M. overlooks him. Unless he's just bad at picking a team. ;)

To answer your more recent question, I think its important to decide what you, personally, are weak at, and pick an A.M. who is strong in those areas.

Feel like you always "get it wrong" in Team Talks and interviews? Pick a guy with excellent Motivation and Man Management and rely on his advice.

Struggling to come to grips with tactics, and rely on A.M. feedback in-game? Pick a guy with excellent Tactical Knowledge.

Use the "Coach Report" function and "A.M. pick team" often? Pick a guy with high JA and JPA.

Final thought - remember that coaches have CA and PA, too - if you hire a 32-year-old, he's likely to become much better over a five-year contract, while a 63-year-old may begin to get worse over the next five years.

Archived