grey stars on scout reports

having employed a new Portugese scout with Judging & Potential ability of both 20, I sent him to scout youth players in Portugal.

He found a regen (17years old) & on his report his current ability was 3 yellow stars & the potential ability was about 6 or 7 grey stars.

His stats at the moment are quite poor so I decided to get one of them individual report cards on him. My scout did this & he has put that he doesn't feel he has the potential to become a top Premiership player.

My question is what do the 6 or 7 grey stars mean? Surely if he wasn't going to turn into an amazing player his potential ability would be like 4 yellow starts max.

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Grey or 'silver' stars show their youth skills, it shows they haven't yet progressed to a level where they get judged with first team 'adult' footballers.

Grey or 'silver' stars show their youth skills, it shows they haven't yet progressed to a level where they get judged with first team 'adult' footballers.

So how good would a 7 silver star youngster be?

i think the grey stars are the stage before yellow. so one up from 7* grey is 1* yellow.

I would love to hear this confirmed. My entire youth team is one or two gold stars and I have the option to sign a number of 6/7 silver star youths, but figured mine were already better.

1 Gold Star > 7 Silver Stars?

:confused:

Archived