Injuries-Broken Wrist

I get a few arm injuries a season mainly broken wrist's or hand's from falling over etc. but i find it funny how the injury can keep the player fully injured for 2-3 weeks when you see alot of players with broken wrists etc. playing with a "sports" cast fine ? So how come my star players break/fracture there wrist and end up missing nearly a month of football :eek:

Well running involves the hands in a way also, so it might hurt is the arm is injured.

It depends on whether the player is a tough nut like a Terry or Lampard, who is willing to play through it, or just a soft wussy.

true but with a cast well it cant be that bad well its not that bad i have played for my team with a broken wrist in a light cast for example atm patrice evra its just annoying cause he is amazing lol

Bert Trautman played in goal with a broken neck. Don't make 'em like that any more....

What about Terry Butcher? The old ones are the best!!

Anyone see the 'Boro game last night? Afonso Alves went down with a hernia, and woke up this morning with a broken foot!!! :D

Na my favorite has got to be a couple of seasons ago with Shearer had a broken nose and missed tonnes of games. Then he played with a cast over the nose and the physio told him especially not to head the ball . What does he do? Scores a header in the dying minutes:D

Cantona and Evra are two names that spring to mind while PLAYING with fractured wrists. Anyone actually had a keeper out with a broken nose yet?
What about Terry Butcher? The old ones are the best!!

Anyone see the 'Boro game last night? Afonso Alves went down with a hernia, and woke up this morning with a broken foot!!! :D

Give it a rest mate, my missus is a smoggie and I was at that game last night. I'm currently nursing her broken heart, and my physio has no idea when she'll be 'match-fit' again. (probably when they beat Blackpool 1-0 at home on the opening day of next season!)

Archived