Is it cheating?

To set corners to "six yard box?"

Because it seems like in FM's match engine that keepers dont come off their lines as much as in real real, therefore one can get an unrealistic amount of corners straight intot he six yard box where its easy to head them in.

What do you think?

If you know that by setting up your corner routine explicitly to exploit the flaw in the match engibe, then yes it is cheating. If you dont want to cheat, set up the corners an other way or use the deafult ones. As was said above, however, it is your game so do what you like.

IMO, no it isn't, its just taking advantage of a fault in the game. If you walked past a cash machine and by "fault" it started throwing cash at you, would you just walk past? No you would use the fault for your benefit.

Your example is stealing, and warrants quite a few years in jail, so no, I doubt everyone would make that choice. On the subject, yes it is cheating, but you pay your game however you like.

Your example is stealing, and warrants quite a few years in jail, so no, I doubt everyone would make that choice. On the subject, yes it is cheating, but you pay your game however you like.

Yeah i would walk straight past it ;) NOT

I dont get that many goals from it, but one of my defenders did get a hat trick from corners, but I think that was down to the goalie. I use 6 yard box only cause thats where I want them to get the ball delivered. I got more DFK than corners.

Imho its not cheating. If the keeper did come off the line for the ball, then I would still do it. That's how I like to take corners. This flaw should have been fixed after the last game really. It would be like telling your wingers not to cross the ball because there is a glitch where the defenders struggle to head the ball. You should not be restricted to things that are done irl because of an error in the match engine.

If you know of a feature that exploits the match engine and you decide to use that in full knowledge knowing that you’re exploiting the match engine then of course it’s cheating. It would be like finding out holding ctrl + s will automatically score a goal for your team and doing it whenever you needed a goal.

I’m a bit disappointed it still hasn’t been fixed as it’s been around a while now. I’m struggling to find the right balance between setting up a good corner routine to score form, but not too good that it exploits the match engine.

I've never noticed a bug and it is usually that or near post I use. Rarely score from corners, not compared to the other teams in competing with at least(and I have great headers actually), must be something more to this bug than just setting them to target the six yard box.

I always leave my attacking corner settings at default now, for fear of accidentally exploiting a flaw ;)

That’s what I’m doing now, but it’s a bit frustrating as I don’t think I’m scoring as many from corners as I should be.

I knew about an exploit, but didn’t know exactly what it was so set up my corner tactic and by the end of December I never even realised I’d scored as many from corners until the game was processing and it showed the goals from corners list and I was sat at the top with 10 goals more than second position.

So I started again, set up a different tactic and within 8 games my centre half was top goalscorer with 6 goals.

So again I started a new game and this time apart from positioning my players, I haven’t specified where to put the ball, which has stopped me scoring too many, but I’m not scoring enough for my liking.

No of course it's not cheating. It's a tactic which produces goals so you are free to use it. The flaw is the keepers not coming out which can be exploited. If a keeper doesn't come out then you can get as close as possible which is what the tactic is doing. Not cheating.

I deliver to the 6 yard box and have one challenge the keeper and everyone else either staying back or lurking outside the box, but i stil rarely score from them. First season was stupid and my CB scored 14goals in the season. But for the past 2 seasons i have scored under 10 both times but still with the same commands. So i think it gets harder to score from corners (using the flaw) when you go up the leagues. BSS/BSN you can score bundles but i have found it harder since i have won a couple of promotions

how is it a flaw i put two cbs on the the keeper and a striker on the front post. then continously sending corners into the same area. im not scoring something stupid like every 2nd corner it goes it. its realistic that a keeper isnt going to come for everything and if he does then there still is no way he will grab every corner. i score about 10 odd a season from corners which is hardly a massive amount

If you put players in the box, then IMO it's not because you get realistic results. If you only have four players in (which gets you very unrealistic results), then yes, you are. But at the end of the day, it's your game.

If you know of a feature that exploits the match engine and you decide to use that in full knowledge knowing that you’re exploiting the match engine then of course it’s cheating. It would be like finding out holding ctrl + s will automatically score a goal for your team and doing it whenever you needed a goal.

I’m a bit disappointed it still hasn’t been fixed as it’s been around a while now. I’m struggling to find the right balance between setting up a good corner routine to score form, but not too good that it exploits the match engine.

So let me get this straight, you're trying to set up a corner routine that isn't that good?

You're an odd 'un.

No, it’s pretty self-explanatory. I want to set one up that is good, but not one that’s exploiting the match engine and scoring too many as opposed to the other clubs.

If I set up a routine that gets me 20 goals from corners while the closest team to me has 10, then that’s an exploit I’d rather not use.

I had balls going into the six-yard box. Got 20 goals off corners that season, but Reading got 21. So I guess if they're flukey, the AI can match you.

Obviously the Reading manager has visited this forum and knows to stack the 6-yard box. :eek:

Archived