Can't score a penalty to save my life

It's getting beyond ridiculous, my penalty takers are among the best players in the world; Adriano, Gerrard etc... and no matter who gets to take over for a while, he misses every single one. Adriano missed 6 out of 6, Gerrard 3 out of 3, Vela missed both his two and my last two shoot outs ended 3-0 to them... I don't get what is going on, over a season without one in?

It's getting beyond ridiculous, my penalty takers are among the best players in the world; Adriano, Gerrard etc... and no matter who gets to take over for a while, he misses every single one. Adriano missed 6 out of 6, Gerrard 3 out of 3, Vela missed both his two and my last two shoot outs ended 3-0 to them... I don't get what is going on, over a season without one in?

Unlucky. :D

I don't actually think there's anything you can do about it! I mean, I'm pretty sure Gerrard in the game has good penalty-taking and doesn't crack under pressure, and is decent in big games (unless at Old Trafford - Hush!). All adds up to him scoring penalties.

Exactly same with Adriano and Vela, i'm just insanely unlucky and it's just hit it's peak with me after guiding my team to the UEFA and FA Cup finals, Adriano missin against Chelsea in the FA so we lost 1-0 and Gerrard missing TWO against Inter, losing again 1-0.... ugh i hate this game sometimes lol

I guess you're just VERY unlucky (unless its a penalty bug?! :p).

Just in general it seems the way penalties are represented in FM09 is quite odd and unrealistic, the keeper guesses right every time but if its anywhere off centre he won't get it. But if you shoot straight down the middle he will just stand there and push it away as if he knew all along you'd do that... how many keepers in the world do that?!

I have seen one penalty saved that did not go down the centre. But only one. It went a Beckham-ish centre right at a good height for the keeper to save it and knock me out of an FA semi-final. Not fun.

Archived