A Positive message

Thanks to everyone who helped on this game. I've noticed a small amount of criticism on these forums, but I personally think that this game is a masterpiece. There has never been any other (and I doubt there will be another) game that has engrossed me as much as FM, and each release just seems to result in me spending more and more time on the game.

I know that the game isn't perfect, and I have the same niggles as others (press conferences, team talks etc.) but there is no other game that has come as b close to representing real life football as this game. The annoance as your £20 million goalkeeper cool slots the ball into your own goal, the nail biting finishes as your team cling onto that one-nil lead against United, the excitment knowing your team only need to win this match to win the league, they all occur in this game.

Whenever I find a problem with the game (that I know has been logged already in the bugs forum), rather than logging onto here to complain about how awful this is, and how 7 of your first-team players being called up for a international has resulted in life as you know it ending, I suggest you remember Championship Manager 5. And for those of you who avoided that bullet, go and buy it for a pound, then stop your moaning! (I was young, and didn't notice the Edios / Sports Interactive Split, therefore bought CM5 trusting the name, rather than looking at the actual game)

Therefore, I want to remind all the people who made the game, and anyone who happens to stumble upon this thread on their way to a more interesting thread, just how good this game is.

Sorry for rambling

Football Manager 2009 - The best football management simulation

until Football Manager 2010.

Well said deadbloke. There does need to be more positivity on the forums towards the game. Okay I have niggles with the game but they're not that bad. (I hate press conferences and just go to a couple a year, the rest of the tie the ass. man gets to go).

I will join you in giving thanks to SI and Sega as well as to all those who are helpful on the forums. (you know who you are)

the nail biting finishes as your team cling onto that one-nil lead against United

What are you talking about? I'm a liverpool fan and play as them in the epl so its more like cruising with a three goal lead at old trafford.:D

But seriously i love this game, i have only played fm 07 before this version of the game but i am going to be buying every version for years to come. Good one SI and Sega!

Your right, more positivity would be nice. The problem is that the people who are enjoying the game are predominantly doing just that - playing the game, and maybe only come on the forums for a look or to ask a question. Lets not forget the vast majority of FM players dont use these forums either. Thats, IMO, the reason why there always seems to be more moaning than postive comments.

Get off these forums.

Come on,apart from the bad grammar,it was mean't to be tongue in cheek! I LOVE football manager, and i think 09 has been positive, some people obviously don't have a sense of humour!

Come on,apart from the bad grammar,it was mean't to be tongue in cheek! I LOVE football manager, and i think 09 has been positive, some people obviously don't have a sense of humour!

it was meant as a joke but if it motivated you enough to express you're love for fm then it was worth it.

Totally agree with the OP. Additionally the 3D engine (regardless of it's flaws) has made the experience the best fm experience since I first played the series (cm 97/98). Looking forward to next seasons

Since the original post, I have been knocked out of both the FA Cup and the Champions League, lost 0-3 to the team in 19th at home, and am currently losing to Chelsea.

Therefore, I'd like to revise my earlier statement, and say that this is the worse game ever and can't believe anyone would play it!

(Before people attack me over this, that was a joke! I still love the game, just wish Agger would understand that I put him in the centre of defence in the hope he would occasionally tackle the opponents, rather than high-five them as they run past)

Archived