exactly what creates the Home/Away boost?

It's obviously harder to beat a certain team away than at home, and thats just the way it is IRL. My question is, what ingame factor is this home advantage down to?

is it the AI tactics, going ultra defensive away and ultra attacking at home?

some hidden factor helping the home team take their chances?

the pre match odds in combination with team talks, which decides the player motivation?

It's down to the amount of supporters and how well the team know there pitch, the same as in IRL :thup:

yes it is, IRL !

I wonder how it's implemented in the game.. does the amount of supporters vs opponents supporters actually influence the match odds?

yes it is, IRL !

I wonder how it's implemented in the game.. does the amount of supporters vs opponents supporters actually influence the match odds?

Well the game makes it so it's harder to win away. Say you had a 1/12 chance of winning at home, when you play away it will probably increase to 1/16 :thup:

Well the game makes it so it's harder to win away. Say you had a 1/12 chance of winning at home, when you play away it will probably increase to 1/16 :thup:

harder to win away, I've got that before you even said it :p

what I really wonder is WHAT factor in the game makes it harder? because your odds are worse away, does that mean the opposition play more offensive against you than at your ground (where your odds are better) and therefore break you down?

harder to win away, I've got that before you even said it :p

what I really wonder is WHAT factor in the game makes it harder? because your odds are worse away, does that mean the opposition play more offensive against you than at your ground (where your odds are better) and therefore break you down?

If you're away your players may not play as well as their attributes would suggest and obviously the opposite for the home team. Maybe something with team morale? That's the only way i can think of implementing it. Interested in the answer myself.

Could someone from Sports Interactive themselves shed some light on what creates the home boost? or would that be to reveal too much?

Isn't it obvious? :confused: SI tries to make this game as real as it gets -> real life the boost is, as said before, because of supporters and players knowing their pitch -> supposingly SI did the same?

Archived