Very, very unrealistic manager career transfer system

Hi,

Don't know about anyone else, but for me this is THE biggiet issue which affects career games. Managers of top clubs simply do note move / get sacked etc. as they do in the real football world. Iv'e tested this on various career games - and have seen:

- Juande Ramos still coaching Madrid after more than 10 years, winning only 2 titles and no more.

- Guardiola still in the job at Barca after two consecutive finishes outside the champions league spot, nad no title in 5 years.

- Mark Hughes - spent about £300m - five years and no sliverwear or chapiions league qualification!

- Capello England coach for 12 years

These are just three examples of many. It ruins the career of the player game to some degree because there are very limited opportunities to take over 'big' jobs - you generally have to stick.

Hopefully this gets fixed in future - anyone else have experience / solution?

Thanks

I agree with MarcyB, Wenger is still in charge at Arsenal in 2016/17 despite them not winning or challenging for anything since 2010/11. Hughes got sacked second season, despite finishing 4th,

Good contribution to the thread by kakasgirlfriend

Yeah - its just that its far too infrequent. It can get boring waitning for years in a career game for an opportunity to take a job at a big club. I think that AI managers need far more pressure applied to them, and be sacked more easily (as in real life).

On my current game - Chelsea appointed the dortmund coach, who took them from champions to obscurity in 2 years, and hey presto - his job is stable.

Hi,

(1)- Juande Ramos still coaching Madrid after more than 10 years, winning only 2 titles and no more.

(2)- Guardiola still in the job at Barca after two consecutive finishes outside the champions league spot, nad no title in 5 years.

(3)- Mark Hughes - spent about £300m - five years and no sliverwear or chapiions league qualification!

(4)- Capello England coach for 12 years

These are just three examples of many. It ruins the career of the player game to some degree because there are very limited opportunities to take over 'big' jobs - you generally have to stick.

I count 4 ,

I think those are some good points MarcyB. It is often the case that managers last a matter of months if they underperform in real life, where as the game gives them far too much time. I think also the AI managers could do with some more ambition and look to move about a bit more rather than stay at the same club for decades.

I agree and disagree. I have Guardiola and Schuster(started before patch) still in the jobs, and had some managers staying with clubs for longer than they should have had. In saying that I think alot of managers rotatefar too much, like 'merry go round' managers.

In my opinion this happens because at the end of the season all managers become secure again. I hate when i'm waiting for a big club who is doing crap to fire the manager only to find that when the season ends they are secure again. This happens all the time to almost every club.

That also happens to players. I’m constantly watching over players who are unhappy at lack of first team football then suddenly the new season starts and they’re happy to stay at the club. It’s like there’s a magical reset date where everything goes back to normal.

I finished 4th in the league and the board were very pleased with my performance and my job status was very secure, then the new season started and they were satisfied with me and my status had dropped down to secure.

Agree about the post on the 'magic date' - when all jobs are rendered stable again.

Quite crazy really how it happens (reminds me of the very first CM games on the Amiga (way, way back in the day) when the game would 'update' at a certain date, and all players would age a year etc..).

Also, on occasion when top jobs are available - like when ferguson retires - there is no news announcement at all about this enormous moment in the history of the english game.

It also defaults me to 'under pressure manager' in my profile, regardless of the previous seasons successes.

Think the model needs refining / developing in these aspects. Think it would also be good if rumours were circulating in the season about manager moves - e.g the adventurous new Man City owners looking to poach Wenger, Jose potentially replacing Ferguson in the future, or Ancelotti apparently heading to Chelsea.

Just think this type of thing would make the game even more realistic and immersive.

Archived