Irritating!

I found this fantastic kid from brazil (regen, so dont get excited!) but he's got crap stamina - 8. I make him train on fitness for weeks at a time, and it improves to 10 in the 1st week and after that nothing. Ive ended up with an 18 year old superstar that cant play longer than an hour!

Can anyone enlighten me as to what i may be doing wrong?

I found this fantastic kid from brazil (regen, so dont get excited!) but he's got crap stamina - 8. I make him train on fitness for weeks at a time, and it improves to 10 in the 1st week and after that nothing. Ive ended up with an 18 year old superstar that cant play longer than an hour!

Can anyone enlighten me as to what i may be doing wrong?

• SI Staff

He's a young kid - give him a chance, it may be that he simply isn't physically up to playing the whole 90 minutes yet ..

Don't over play him and give him a season of 45 minute (or similar) games giving him exposure ... chances are he'll come on more as he matures.

(you might recall that Rooney good as he was didn't play that many full matches for Everton in his initial season)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Don't over play him and give him a season of 45 minute (or similar) games giving him exposure ... chances are he'll come on more as he matures.

(you might recall that Rooney good as he was didn't play that many full matches for Everton in his initial season) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cos he was porky icon_wink.gif

Hi Marc,

that is the route i was taking. I bought him in Jan 2011, now its Feb 2012, hes doing well in cameo appearances for me off the bench and in full games here and there, average of 8.02, great prospect.

Shuold i keep him on fitness training then do you think?

Archived