Midfield Marvel Top Trumps - The Game

toptrumps.jpg

The Recap

Users sign up and a player is created with random attributes. Points are scored at the end of the season and the bottom three get to challenge another player, Top Trumps style, with any attribute. The winner of the challenge wins six points to allocate to attributes or add 3 points to CA and PA. You cannot add more than two points to any one attribute. If you want to knock a player down a peg or two you can choose to reduce another players attributes, CA or PA instead of increasing your players.

Full details are in the sign up thread

• 1 point per game played

• 2 points per assist

• 3 points per goal

• 5 points per MOM award

• 10 points per trophy won

• -1 for yellow card

• -3 for red card

The Wildcard

At the start of every season I will post three different choices for you to make a vote. These will be things like most games played, highest league position, best club goal difference. Which ever gets the most votes will be used for an extra wildcard at the end of the season. If highest league position is selected the player at the highest positioned league club will get to make a challenge. If it is a player from the bottom three they will get two challenges that year, but must choose two different attributes. A wildcard winner can challenge any other player, even ones in the bottom three.

The Updates

Updates, in game time, will be 1st October to show any summer transfers and how the player has started. February 1st for winter transfers and league tables to give an idea how players and clubs are doing. July 1st for full season review, challenges, player PM's and everything else.

The Set up

English Leagues down to BSN/BSS

Scottish leagues to Division 3

Italian leagues to Serie C1

Spanish Leagues to Divison B

Top leagues of Holland, Belgium, Germany, Portugal, Wales, Austria, France, Greece, Poland, Sweden

Should be enough variety there.

The Runners and Riders

The selected are listed below, I have increased it to 22 players as I couldn't decide who else to leave out. iamjerome, I need you to select a new club as there were already 2 at York before you signed up. Random clubs have been assigned for those who requested them.

User	          Player	      Club
fergysafc	Liam Ferguson	     Altrincham
blowcrapup	Robert Blowcrapup    Burton
hamilton162	Tom Hamilton	     Burton
Adzh	        Olaf Urlnord	     Cambridge
iamjerome	Jerome Joel	     Ebbsfleet 
minisav	        minisav	             Ebbsfleet
Jack Rudd	Andrew Jackson	     Forest Green
HunterKiller	Simon Campbell	     Forest Green
JSalter	        Tups Hilp	     Histon
bergtaur	Zvonimir Matijašević Histon
AtilasMiserly	Vari Mesrci	     Kettering
james-99	James Hulme	     Kidderminster
PluckaDuck	Tyler Burrows	     Oxford United
Haowan	        Madridstas Haowan    Rushden
Denther	        Fred Brookes	     Sailisbury
coldkohmew	Van Mercasco	     Stevenage
brambleton	Alex Barkley	     Torquay
spartns5	Fuzzy Lightning	     Torquay
Robert992	Jonah	             Wrexham
Swafe	        Saul Goode	     Wrexham
jack.browne	Jack Browne	     York City
tomsmith1989	Tom Smith	     York City

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be setting the database up tonight and you should all receive your first player PM in the early hours. Need to get the ball rolling for the wildcard so:-

The first wildcard vote is for:

1. The Good - Fewest red and yellow cards over the season. If it is a tie whoever played most games wins.

2. The Bad - Most red and yellow cards over the season. If it is a tie whoever played fewest games wins.

3. The Ugly – Goals+Assists/games played – lowest score wins. (supposed to represent the holding midfield type player that just breaks up play)

Just need a quick post by each player stating the good, the bad or the ugly. Voting closes when the first update is done, should be arround Wednesday.

Finally, good luck :thup:

After a school boy error - forgot to put a position for players when creating the database :D - everything is now set up.

PM's are being sent at the moment to all players, if there any problems let me know, please do not show the screenshot to other users. I know it's obvious and I said it before but it is the whole part of the game and could ruin it if people know others attributes.

That being said I have no objections to discussing the players as no-one knows who is telling the truth ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention all players were set with same D.O.B. and all have three year contracts at the starting club.

I may have missed it and its still early so I am half asleep, but did it mention anywhere what the starting CA/PA is?

Edit: Oh yea, recieved PM thanks, I hope the others have a few 20's like I have otherwise I'm going to walk this...

I may have missed it and its still early so I am half asleep, but did it mention anywhere what the starting CA/PA is?

Edit: Oh yea, recieved PM thanks, I hope the others have a few 20's like I have otherwise I'm going to walk this...

I mentioned CA and PA in the sign up thread but forgot to put it in here. CA is 80 and PA -8.

There's a lot of nonsense being spoke about in this thread regarding players :D

The season is run up to October ready for the first update. I will not have time to do the write up though as I have got work in an hour or so. It will be up either first thing tomorrow morning or in the afternoon. Time is running out for anyone yet to vote for the wildcard. I make it The Ugly is winning at the moment with The Bad not far behind.

October Stats

Confrence League Table

Scores so far

Games Assists Goals MOM Y/Card R/Card Total
Zvonimir Matijašević	11     10	   10		      31
Tups Hilp	        11	8     3	   10	-2	      30
Jerome Joel	        12	4     9	    5	-1	      29
Tyler Burrows	        13	6     3	    5	-1	      26
Simon Campbell	        12	6     3	    5	-1	      25
Tom Hamilton	        11	8	    5		      24
minisav	                11     10	   10	-7	-3    21
Van Mercasco	        10	4     6			      20
James Hulme	        11	6	    5	-2	      20
Jonah	                11	6     3		-1	      19
Andrew Jackson	        13	4     3		-2	      18
Jack Browne	        10	2     6		-1	      17
Saul Goode	         9	4     6		-3	      16
Fuzzy Lightning	         8	2     3			      13
Olaf Urlnord	        10	2		              12
Fred Brookes	        11	2		-2	      11
Madridstas Haowan	11	2		-2	      11
Tom Smith	        11	4		-3	-3     9
Vari Mesrci	        11			-3	       8
Alex Barkley	         6	2		-1	       7
Robert Blowcrapup	 7			-1	       6
Liam Ferguson	         8			-4	-6    -2

Injury News

Simon Campbell is out for 5 weeks with an ankle injury.

International News

Robert Blowcrapup played for China U23 side in the Olympics

Andrew Jackson has 3 caps and 1 goal for Trinidad and Tobago

Tyler Burrows has 3 caps for Andorra

Summary

Zvonimir Matijašević takes the early lead as Minisavs poor discipline has cost him share of the top spot. Liam Ferguson needs to try and stay on the pitch, 2 red cards in 8 games have left him on minus points. Vari Mesrci meanwhile is playing like he wants to win the wildcard challenge, 11 games in and he has done nothing of note. Jonah is living up to his name and trying to take promotion favourites down, Wrexham currently lie in 18th place. Robert Blowcrapup’s international ambitions look to have cost him as he missed a lot of games at the start of the season. Simon Campbell was going well but with a 5 week layoff he will soon drop down the table.

Wildcard

With 10 votes, the Wildcard challenege at the end of this year will be The Ugly

It was close though and The Bad was only one vote away making it a tie.

Archived