Criticism???

i'm not sure i noticed the same level of complaints before! I think this is proberley this least ready of any FM/CM game. just so many errors with so many areas of the game. but hopefully the patch coming up will fix these. Shame its 4/5 months after release!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Haven't been around long enough to argue with Ackter, but I don't remember it being quite as bad as this with FM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With FM07 it was spread over many different complaints and people were generally more respectful.

This year it's all concentrated on about 5 or 6 issues and everyone has a massive case of internet bravery.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Haven't been around long enough to argue with Ackter, but I don't remember it being quite as bad as this with FM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With FM07 it was spread over many different complaints and people were generally more respectful.

This year it's all concentrated on about 5 or 6 issues and everyone has a massive case of internet bravery. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the maker of the game shows respect to the customers by making a quality product, it gets the same level of respect in return. When it tries to make money via a poor quality product, it no longer deserves the same level of respect.

I don't know, Ackter, I seem to recall much the same bleating about FM07 - it was the worst game ever made, totally unplayable, they'd never buy another game in the series, Western Civilization was doomed, etc, etc.

It does get rather old.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunnerfan:

I also seem to recall outrage aplenty at CM4 and CM3, particularly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember CM4 receiving a lot more critisism - mind you that was an awful game. It had so many problems it was unbelievable - even patched it was a terrible game. FM08 is nowhere near that bad.

There has always been criticism of each new release and there always will be. This version is perhaps more stable than before, but, IMO has more of what I would describe as "preventable bugs " i.e those that could and should have been picked up in testing prior to release. I do not think it is unreasonable when you buy a new version of a game to have it without screamingly obvious bugs in it. On the other hand, this has always been an issue and will continue to be so when there is a small gap between beta release and relase of the first vesion.

The forums aorund the time of CM4 were much more critical than they have been for any other SI product that I can remember in my time on the forums.

However, I agree with Ackter that the posts concerning FM 2008 have been far more abusive, but that's a much bigger issue that has been discussed extensively in the 'These Forums' thread.

The complaints have always been there, and rightly so, since that provides SI with useful (most of the time) feedback on the game. Personally I think that the way people are doing it seems to have changed a bit this year. People seem to be far more aggressive and demanding in their complaints.

I dunno, this is probably the most I have ever complained about any game in the series, and I've played them all. Usually I stick it out and eventually get the hang of the tactics, but now we have the ilogical slider system...

CM5 was maybe the only other game I gave up on.

The rudeness seems (to me) to have come from frustration. A modern phenomoena of the "me" generation, and people taking the bugs a little too personally. The people accusing SI of "cheating" make me laugh the most.

Also, the number of complaints have been high, but more because people don't use the search function on the forums and realise there are another 100 or so complaints on the same subject.

Shots on target vs shots score ratios ARE unrealistic, but if you get the hang of the game's tactics and tweak them accordingly (eg, 0-0 on 60mins, 25 shots on goal, change the speed of your game from quick to slow, or vice versa). Yeah, it needs fixing but it doesn't need these rants.

Let me sell the players I don't want - then i'll be happy.

CM4 got probably equal amounts of abuse, and like FM08 compliants and problems seemed to drag on for longer than any other game I can remember. I wasn't really on the fourms round FM 07 (I had only just got into FM05 so had no intention of buying it!) so can't comment on that one but I would say this and CM4 have got by far the most sustained and consistent levels of compliant. CM4 probably slightly more so, although compliants about it tended to be about what you could more comfortbaly call bugs(unrealistic transfers, attendences,regens etc). Most people here seem to be complaining about what they think is a poor or unrealistic match engine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

The complaints have always been there, and rightly so, since that provides SI with useful (most of the time) feedback on the game. Personally I think that the way people are doing it seems to have changed a bit this year. People seem to be far more aggressive and demanding in their complaints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that because people are fed up with the product coming out with more and more problems every time, do you think?

I phrase it as a question because I intend it as such. I'm not saying that that is my opinion.

There were definitely not as many complaints regarding FM07 because quite simply put, it was, and still is, a superior game to FM08.

It matters not how cynical or hostile the complaints are; people have a right to complain on here. As far as I am concerned, the negative atmosphere encompassing this forum is well founded, and illustrates quite starkly, the poor state of the game. Preach positivity and constructive feedback as much as you like. However, please don't have the audacity to tell me that it's acceptable for SI to release a 'finalised' version of the game roughly 9 months before the next version is released.

I've been waiting patiently for the patch, playing the game once in a while out of sheer loyalty and dumbfounded hope that the game isn't as bad as I, and many others feel it is. I've pondered that it's my tactics as I've pondered and tested many other variables. It's not my tactics if I have 10 one-on-ones in a match and score none. It's the game. I'll repeat that. It's the game. Currently we have a template that is simply oozing potential, but until that potential is realised, this version may as well be forgotten; because at the minute, it's border line unplayable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Yes, it's the same every year.

The only difference is this year the people are far more abusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And far less eloquent!

I have to agree with the general concensus here. There have always been issues raised when a new version of FM or CM was released, there definitely was throughout FM07, particularly people claiming the AI cheated on a regular basis.

But as other people have said the politness of many newer members, and the quality of posts in general has gone right down-hill.

I think this is partly down to the fact that more and more people have access to the internet with each passing year, particularly younger people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

I have to agree with the general concensus here. There have always been issues raised when a new version of FM or CM was released, there definitely was throughout FM07, particularly people claiming the AI cheated on a regular basis.

But as other people have said the politness of many newer members, and the quality of posts in general has gone right down-hill.

I think this is partly down to the fact that more and more people have access to the internet with each passing year, particularly younger people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've only been posting for a couple of years, but it does seem that FM08 coincided with a rash of new members, a good number of which often display considerable rudeness.

Never known it this bad before myself. I think some huge errors were made in releasing the game when they knew of some very major bugs that it had but guess money talks!!

Overall I now really like the game and hopefully the new patch will make it even better.

Archived