SI may just have something up their sleeve!

I've been on a certain website looking at the latest CM, we've all played it in the past (if your as old as me to remember the first) we all enjoyed it, and like in real life football fans are fickle, i myself a (watford) supporter loved Aidy Boothroyd at the start and then after the third season thought he was a bit poor! FM for me has been far superior the CM and we all know this, we all defected and went with these guys... now there's talk of "our lot" joining "their lot" because FM09 has been dissapointing...

The owner of CM has stated that this year will be the ultimate CM in the series and that it will boast "four new features that have never been in a football management game" and will knock FM of it's top spot! But my arguement in all this is (IMO) that SI are not stupid, they do listen, despite what others say, when the new features were released for this years we all thought "great" but after a while we probably didn't like them i.e Press conferences. But SI have probably saved the best till now, they have been in the game for a long time and we speculate all the time, but come on do we really thing CM will knock FM of the top? i think not FM10 will be the ultimate and maybe just maybe they have saved the best till last and will retain all those players that have said (for the last time) "that's it i'm off"

Be Fickle if you want it's all part of Football and Football Manager but you will buy it, you can't stop yourself your a fan come rain or shine!

I used to play CM in the 90s, and I saw FM05 on a friend's computer. I decided to buy the newest copy of CM (by incident, because I got confused with the brand names), but had to realize that CM is really poor and that there is another game - FM - in the market. Despite what others might say, I'm really satisfied with the game. Certainly, it could always be a little bit better, but who cares?

@crouchaldinho:

3D Match Engine:

Championship Manager 2009'smatch engine has undergone a radical overhaul with the prize a bespoke fully-animated match engine.

Created entirely in-house at CM headquarters and designed specifically to bring the management experience to life, the manager now has the perfect viewpoint from which to observe their Matchday instructions taking place on the pitch.

Each player has over 500 fully motion captured animations, and with seven different camera angels from which to view the action, the new CM 3D match experience provides the user with more direct match information than ever before.

News & Media

A whole range of messaging in the game enables you to have far greater access to information and news from within the game's world of football. Broadcasting real media references, the latest CM news system delivers in a wide variety of ways. The user gets all the information and all the news that's relevant to their game.

Media Suite

Complimenting the in-game news system, CM now contains a host of media tools to allow the user to make the most of their in-game messages and media. In other words, you only get the info you want.

Dynamic Display Window

A dynamically updated display window brings a real world likeness to the user. Managers will be able to look out on the latest league tables, fixtures, top goal scorers and more from their in-game football world. Coverage from every part of the globe will appear throughout the game on every screen. It's the complete picture.

Manager Mail & Reports

By filtering mail messages managers get only the news they want. Plus, managers now also have the opportunity to select from a number of regular in-game reports that matter to their situation, whether it be other match reports or stats on players and other teams.

ProZone:

An exclusive feature to the CM series, ProZone continues to evolve to enable users to access highly detailed, post-match analysis on their players. With full stats on their own team and the opposition, the manager has the complete picture of personal and team performances so he can make the big decisions.

Providing data on every pass, run, shot and more, ProZone is the analysis tool, putting CM in the real football world. Professional managers use ProZone on a daily basis. It doesn't get any more real than that.

With a host of new features and details still to be revealed there’s still plenty more to come from Championship Manager 2009.

Not linking to that site.

Personally it looks like CM is FM-lite with sparklier special effects. Not the game for me.

Each player has over 500 fully motion captured animations, and with seven different camera angels from which to view the action, the new CM 3D match experience provides the user with more direct match information than ever before.

Seven different camera angels? What's a camera angel look like, then?

My favourite Angel - Juan Pablo:

juan-pablo-angel.jpg

I hope that CM will become a very good game. That will push SI to make FM10 even better. Competition will hopefully mean innovation. Isn't that what we want? The best management simulation?

We do have something up our sleeves...our arms. Ah-boom-tish.

*Groans* :D

ANyway after having a quick look in the CM forums it seems as though a lot of fans are becoming annoyed at the fact that Eidos have not released the game. At least SI and Sega release a game on time.

The Dev's of CM09 could have lost a lot of customers due to delays, and it certainly looks as though they've seen what SI have added to FM and decided to copy it. CM09 will just be FM09 lite and I for one won't be buying it.

Archived