staff recruitment

Hi, I am currently manager of Linfield in the Irish League and I was wanting to hire some staff. I placed an advert for a coach and some people said they were interested. However, when you hand them a contract it claims that the club must be compensated. it states though that if they put themselves forward to job your club doesnt have to pay compensation. can anybody help?

Thanks

As far as I'm aware any staff you hire that are currently contracted to another club require you to pay compensation.

The amount of compensation is shown when you offer the contract and basically the larger the current wage and the longer the contract = higher compensation.

if you go to the in game help section and read about placing job adverts it claims that one of the advantages of placing an advert is that you do not have to pay compensation. "other clubs are not entitled to compensation when their staff actively choose to leave their club for a vacancy". that is what the help menu says.

The staff aren't actively choosing to leave their club, you are enticing them with a better job offer. It would help if the staff that are being targeted would resign from the club to get round this problem. If you want the staff that bad, then just pay the compo, failing that look for unemployed staff in the search staff thingey-ma-jig

As a LLM, it is one of my biggest frustrations that the respondents to "Place Advert" are rarely unemployed, especially when my transfer budget is non-existent.

I would like to see that balanced out a bit, weighted a bit towards unemployed staff applying for positions. Maybe the first couple respondents would be unemployed, with employed candidates applying if you leave the advert running?

It would also be very nice to have some control over it - e.g., "maximum compensation: X", and a compare-and-contrast view where you can see all the applicants stacked against each other (as on the Staff Search screen, only limited to those applicants who have applied for the open position.)

Archived