Stupid game sometimes

I'm in my first season with Leeds Utd and I'm top of the league. SIX first team players have a 'SIT' next to their name, they think the club is underachieving and have lost confidence in me and are dismayed by the lack of harmony in the squad. Now forgive me for thinking that is a little bit silly.

Crazy.

This is probably down to the fact that the players think that the club is in the wrong division for a club of Leed's Stature. I fyou can get them promoted it could clear this up for you

Maybe. Hopefully that will be the case.

I think it may have something to do with my selection policy. I only play players over 25 years of age in my first 11 (apart from my left back who is 22), so I bring the likes of Delph and Howson on as subs or when I have injuries. They are great super subs.

Saying that, when they get to 25 they will be in the team and anyone over 32 is sold.

I loan out all players under 25 who are not in my first 11 and subs bench (to save a fortune on wages). This might have something to do with the unhappyness. But I am sitting 8 points clear at the top of the league with 3 games to play so it's working.

I also started out as a Ex. Sunday league player too.

Up to you how you select players, mate, but not playing them until they're 25 is a bit extreme, surely?

I used to play (and got paid for doing it, but not enough to make a living at it; so semi-pro...right?). I ended up with a dodgy knee and had to stop playing when I was 24. Using your selection criteria, I would never have played a first-team game - despite knocking an average of 20+ goals per season (apart from my last season, which was injury-riddled).

How's that make sense?

If I was playing well and/or scoring for fun in the reserves, but never got a shot at anything beyond warming the bench for the first team, I'd lose faith in the boss and get unsettled, too.

Up to you how you select players, mate, but not playing them until they're 25 is a bit extreme, surely?

I used to play (and got paid for doing it, but not enough to make a living at it; so semi-pro...right?). I ended up with a dodgy knee and had to stop playing when I was 24. Using your selection criteria, I would never have played a first-team game - despite knocking an average of 20+ goals per season (apart from my last season, which was injury-riddled).

How's that make sense?

If I was playing well and/or scoring for fun in the reserves, but never got a shot at anything beyond warming the bench for the first team, I'd lose faith in the boss and get unsettled, too.

Maybe, but I find that (at least with my squad) that players under 25 do not have the required stamina stats to last the whole match. For example, Bradley Johnson, Sweeney, Parker, Howson, their condition drops to 60%ish after bout 60mins played in the match, this can lead to sloppy mistake/late goals, also their level of consistency is not very high. I find that if you play with majority of players between 25-31 then you will see much more contestant results.

Maybe if I had managed you you would not have a dodgey knee! It's not that I do not play anyone under 25 in the first team. All my subs bench are young players and I always bring three on after 70mins or so, so in fact, you would have benefited from this selection policy ;-)

Besides, comparing FM selection reasons with real life is a bit silly.

Since my 1st post I have won the league by 8points. My players are now happy and delighted with me, although with 3 games to go and promotion in the bag they were still unhappy with me! Fickle bunch!!

As a point to my thread, it would be nice to get a bit more information as to why players are unhappy or have lost confidence with the manager. I could see no indication to what I was doing to tick them all off (other than winning match after match).

Archived