Can opposition instructions be permanently set?

Hello. Every match I always close and and show on to weaker foot the same positions: FC'S, wingers, attacking midfielders if they have any, and DL/DR. Instead of doing this manually every single match, is there a way to just have it set on those opposition instructions against those positions every game? and then if i need to change something or add something on match day i can.

As far as I know, No its not possible, although I wish there was, as I find it so annoying, infact, if the assistant manager can see these type of things, shouldn't there be an option to tell the assistant manager to set opposition instructions.

Hello. Every match I always close and and show on to weaker foot the same positions: FC'S, wingers, attacking midfielders if they have any, and DL/DR. Instead of doing this manually every single match, is there a way to just have it set on those opposition instructions against those positions every game? and then if i need to change something or add something on match day i can.

No, it's not an option in FM09, though there's been a few people that have requested it as an enhancement.

Exactly. And it's such a simple thing too. This is the reason SI's games are always half interesting and five halves annoying (i know that doesn't make sense mathematically, but if SI doesn't know enough math to program something as simple as this into the game then I doubt they will be able to see the mathematical error here).

Anyway the reason is that there's always all this unrealistic stuff in the game, and bugs, and tedious things like this that could be easily fixed if they just cared even the slightest bit about making a good game.

Whilst I agree this can be tedious I can't really see much benefit in being able to save the OI.

Each match you face 11 different players and a different team which in general require different OI.

Even if you save you would still need to go through them and change various ones each match.

It has been asked before- another good addition would be the option to have the opposition instructions carrying forward to a substitute. i.e if you are closing down, hard tackling and showing onto weaker foot , an opposition winger and he goes off, you have to reset the instructions to his replacement, which you forget about most of the time. The Opposition instructions are also disrupted by changes in opposition formations.

Archived