Playing a Network Game?

I have been trying for a while now to start a network game with a sfew friends but everytime I try it fails and says "unable to connect to server." So can someone please talk me through creating a network game, so I can see what I am doing wrong.

Make sure that you are all using the same patch, i had the same problem then when a new game was started i could connect fine, im not sure on this but firewalls might have something to do withit but im not really sure on this

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure one of you is set to 'run as server' in the preferences menu. Then download hamachi and create a network on there - You don't need to turn firewall off and it will work instantly!

Easy!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem. I have played with mu friend using hamachi, and it worked ok. But after his system crashed we can't find each other in the game. I don't know what went wrong, because it worked fine earlier. Help please...

• 4 weeks later...

I've got another problem - we're trying to set up the network over hamachi.

We've both got hamachi, and found each other over that - however, we still can't find each other in FM09. It's really starting to annoy me now. Any idea's anyone?

I've got another problem - we're trying to set up the network over hamachi.

We've both got hamachi, and found each other over that - however, we still can't find each other in FM09. It's really starting to annoy me now. Any idea's anyone?

in the game whoever the guest is needs to type in the ip that appers at the top of the hosts hamachi box in the join other server box then you should be able to connect to each other.

are you sure that one of you has run as server ticked and also down the bottom of the join a network game ther should be a box that should say some something like join a game on local network an there should be a refesh list button try pressing that an see if ur game shows up.

and i know its a silly question but you have started a game havent you, because as far as i know you cant join a game untill the hosts loaded up the game on his computer.

Right, I have the 'run as server' ticked. So does my friend tho, so we're trying unticking that and seeing if that helps.

My game isn't coming up on the local network list on the network section of my friends game.

Yes we have set up a game, a new one for this network, on my laptop.

Just tried it, and it didn't work - therefore we're giving up.

We'll just play it hotseating the game ... it might take twice as long, but will still be quicker than setting up this network

Thank you for all your help anyway.

Turn off all firewalls(every person)

Set Hamachi Priority to Top(worked for Heroes of Might and Magic for me)

Start-Network Settings-Advanced-Advanced Settings, On the current screen, use the arrows to move Hamachi up to the top(for both people).

Set your router to allow Hamachi and FM 2009 ports through

Archived