How to build squad harmony?

Usually you have a bad squad harmony when players are unhappy. Try to find out why they are unhappy. Sometimes it helps to give them a new contract which will make them happy. In other cases you should also think about selling a disliked player. Furthermore wins are good to make the squad harmony go up.

Regularity of play. As in if you keep players in squad and regularly use same players n subs then they will after around 5-10 games they will become better partnerships and team. More playing together = knowing whos doing what = WINWIN harmony

Sorry bout the utter randomness therer :)

Sign players with similar personalities.

You get a pretty good indication of this from scouting reports, "Personality" section:

"Scout Jim believes Smith to be a professional.

Scout Jim thinks that you have a professional squad and Smith would add to the professional nature of the squad"

or

"Scout Jim believes Thomas to have a balanced personality.

Scout Jim thinks that you have a professional bunch of players and Smith would fit in well."

versus

"Scout Jim believes McCullough to be fairly determined.

Scout Jim thinks that you have a professional group of players and McCullough would have to adapt to fit in."

When you look at the Personality section of a Coach report, a good coach will give you the same line and indicate how well the player is fitting in (or not).

. . . . . . .

You can use tutoring to help speed that process, e.g., tutoring McCullough with a professional mentor might help move his personality towards "Professional", which will help him to fit in, and of course, just sell off anybody who isn't fitting in, especially anybody who gets in a personality conflict with one of your regular XI.

Beyond that, yeah, the biggest one is "Don't sign boatloads of new players every summer", try to pace your transfers to, say, two every summer and one every winter, and you'll find your squad harmony builds to a fairly strong level and maintains there easily enough.

You don't necessarily *need* a small squad for good squad harmony, for example my Leeds squad has 30+ players that I rotate frequently due to the amount of matches I play. Right now the squad harmony bar is at 'good' about 3/4 of the way towards a full bar, and I've only had this team together for about a year after a total squad makeover. I've even got a few fringe players complaining about lack of first team football, but the overall squad happiness is very high, I guess winning frequenyly does that.

Perhaps if I only had 20 players in the squad harmony might be even higher, but that would mean pushing a small squad to the point of exhaustion with a schedule of 2, sometimes even 3 matches a week, definitely not a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

Changing half the sqaud every transfer window is a bad idea for harmony

Paise players when deserved

Try not to have only 1 player from a foreign nation in the squad- at least 2 helps.

All of what Hershie said above.

I would suggest sorting out players contracts asap... I'm QPR and I have about 2 wonderkids in my squad and every club is swarming around them... One of them asked for a new contract which I put off till the end of the season as i was close to my wage limit and had to get rid of some dead wood.... Ever since then. half my squad has said they are "dismayed at lack of squad harmony"

Archived