Greatest comeback ever? [Player names]

My Mansfield side sitting atop League 2 host a Bristol Rovers side also battling for automatic promotion. A very important match I desperately wanted to win.

So you can imagine my disappointment when we seem to fail to arrive and Bristol Rovers score two goals in the first 10 minutes. Still at this point I've not given up, I can still win I've seen much stranger things happen. However when my midfielder clatters a Rovers player from behind with only 25 minutes gone and receives his marching orders I'm pretty upset. And when my key link player Sibierski sees red in another incident with only half an hour played I'm on the verge of doing my computer some serious damage. My misery continues as Rovers slot a third home in the 39th minute.

I decide to restructure my team into a 4-1-2-1 with all the player other than the full-backs through the centre and direct passing there as well as attacking Bristol Rovers, thinking we might as well go down with a fight. This is the point where things start to turn around. And just before half time Rovers score an own-goal. A consolation surely?

At half-time I tell the players I want to see more from them and settle down to watch Bristol Rovers finish the job. However as the second half progresses and Bristol Rovers to my amazement fail to score we seem to be matching them. In the 57th minute to my surprise we pull another one back. And two minutes later when we amazingly equalise my attention is drawn back to the screen.

The game then continues reasonably even until on 87 minutes my anchorman midfielder slots home from outside the box to banish memories of the own goal he scored earlier and leave a head-shaped hole in my ceiling (slight exaggeration). We then somehow hang on and win this most eventful of matches 4-3.

Now I've seen comeback of more than three goals, and I've seen comebacks with fewer than 11 men. But 3-0 down with 9 men to win 4-3, well I've never seen the like in any game let alone one involving my team. So my question is has anyone else ever bore witness to a game quite like that?

Yeah, I loaned Bannan in my first season in BSP and in League 2, did very well in both divisions on the left-hand side for me. Not quite so well in the centre possibly due to his lack of height and strength.

my best comeback was UEFA cup first round against Brondby, i was Glentoran and it was my first 2 games in charge, i lost the first leg 2-0 away

the game starts and after 5 minutes they score again so it goes 3-0 on agg and there away goal needing me to score 4 to go through, it stays 1-0 untill the 2nd half...i get a corner and my centre back heads a goal in so 1-1 still need 3 goals and just under 40minutes to go, i manage to grab another goal back so it's now 2-3 on agg with 25minutes to go...

i change formation to 2-3-1-4 with everyone on forward runs once it gets to 75minutes and i manage to nick a goal in the 85th minute, it's all Glentoran now and Brondby have 11 men behind the ball, it gets to the 89th minute and the assistant holds up the board saying 3 minutes when an attack goes wrong Brondby break and score another goal so it's 3-4 and i need to score 2 goals in 3 minutes, another corner i get and up pops my other centre half to score so 4-4 on aggerate in the 92nd of 93 minutes, change formations again to 2-1-2-4 and we stream forward in the last minute my quick winger flashes to the byline and pulls the ball back to my one legged centre forward who strikes the ball into the post it comes rolling out and my centre back is there to prod it home for his second and a 5-4 aggerate win!

i could not belive it, was the greatest match ive ever had on FM

• 3 weeks later...

Just had this :D loved it

3-0 down to Arsenal at the emirates at halftime ( im chelsea)

Said to my team , i expect nothing but a win , of course i didn't expect us to win , even draw

Giuseppe Rossi scores one early :) , reaches 60 mins , scores again 5 mins later , Lampard scores 87 mins with a super volley and then Rossi gets his hatrick in 92 mins after skinning 3 people and rounding the keeper :D

Never been so happy

My Mansfield side sitting atop League 2 host a Bristol Rovers side also battling for automatic promotion. A very important match I desperately wanted to win.

So you can imagine my disappointment when we seem to fail to arrive and Bristol Rovers score two goals in the first 10 minutes. Still at this point I've not given up, I can still win I've seen much stranger things happen. However when my midfielder clatters a Rovers player from behind with only 25 minutes gone and receives his marching orders I'm pretty upset. And when my key link player Sibierski sees red in another incident with only half an hour played I'm on the verge of doing my computer some serious damage. My misery continues as Rovers slot a third home in the 39th minute.

I decide to restructure my team into a 4-1-2-1 with all the player other than the full-backs through the centre and direct passing there as well as attacking Bristol Rovers, thinking we might as well go down with a fight. This is the point where things start to turn around. And just before half time Rovers score an own-goal. A consolation surely?

At half-time I tell the players I want to see more from them and settle down to watch Bristol Rovers finish the job. However as the second half progresses and Bristol Rovers to my amazement fail to score we seem to be matching them. In the 57th minute to my surprise we pull another one back. And two minutes later when we amazingly equalise my attention is drawn back to the screen.

The game then continues reasonably even until on 87 minutes my anchorman midfielder slots home from outside the box to banish memories of the own goal he scored earlier and leave a head-shaped hole in my ceiling (slight exaggeration). We then somehow hang on and win this most eventful of matches 4-3.

Now I've seen comeback of more than three goals, and I've seen comebacks with fewer than 11 men. But 3-0 down with 9 men to win 4-3, well I've never seen the like in any game let alone one involving my team. So my question is has anyone else ever bore witness to a game quite like that?

Well done mate, you`re a bit of a tactician i see.

:D

I came back from 5-2 down to win 8-5 in FM05 with Rushden in the first knockout round of the Uefas. They had a player sent off. The first leg was goaless. It was about this point that I knew I'd never stop playing these games.

I came back from 5-2 down to win 8-5 in FM05 with Rushden in the first knockout round of the Uefas. They had a player sent off. The first leg was goaless. It was about this point that I knew I'd never stop playing these games.

Now that is what you call a COMEBACK!

Fm08

Tottenham. Away. Using Accrington & Stanley. In the League Cup.

Tottenham's cup and their ground. I was 2-0 down in the first half mostly thanks to Srna. Came back, scored a goal, they scored 1 more, i end up scoring 2 in the 85-FT mark, it went to Pens. Still lost, but it would've been good :D

I played Inter on the last game of the season for the Serie A. I was sitting at second and they had two points above me. I start the game and go behind by two by the end of the half. Later on in extra time Adriano (sigh) scores a hat trick to give us the win. He was always one of my favorites...:(

My best comeback was winning my League 1 play-off semi final 6-5 in extra after losing the first leg 4-1. In the second leg, i score two quick goals and then finally draw level in the 87 minute :) Was pretty stressful match, luckily went on to win the play-off final as well :p

41oxford.th.jpg

41oxford.th.jpg

First season as Liverpool manager, drew Atletico Madrid in the Champion's League qualifiers, very tough draw obviosuly, add to that i had a major injury crisis and had a skeleton squad in the first leg away.

Forlan and co proceded to run riot and i got tanked 3-0

With no away goal i had nearly conceded the tie, second leg comes along and with nothing to lose i took Ryan Babel off the transfer list and threw him in, a flair player to rescue the situation, got the vital early goal after 5 minutes from Dirk Kuyt and by halftime i had got the tie back level on aggragate 3-3.

Nando got the fourth and fifth goal to make it 5-0 on the night, 5-3 on aggragate and i breathed a huge sigh of relief. :)

Playing as liverpool, coming up against man utd at old trafford and at half time we are down 3-0, i take torres off who was playing badly and replace him with voronin who scores 4 second half goals to win us the match 3-4, the final goal was a curling shot from the left that was buried in the far top corner...pure magic.

I was Lincoln and playing Accrington, who were couple places below me in the league. After about 50 mins I was 3-0 up and coasting and thought we would win it easy, with it being a home game aswell. I was so wrong.

There striker scored with 13 minutes to go. Gave me a few nerves but I thought it was ok as we got to the 92nd minute still at 3-1. Thats until a 'quickfire double' in the last 2 minutes gives them a draw from nowhere.

Obviously it wasn't my comeback and I was on the verge of smashing the computer to bits, but still was a good one.:o

That seems like my beloved Bristol Rovers all over..

After watching them week in week out it wouldnt surprise me if they went 3-0 up and the other team

having 2 players off and still manage to lose but I still love them whatever the scoreline

The OP is incredibly impressive, but you have to say, if you were the bristol city manager there you would murder your team hahaha. To concede 4 goals against 9 men. Well played though!

Archived