Building a strong squad?

Does anyone have any tips when trying to build a squad. For example, in real man utd have a big squad full of talent and youth but in FM it just doesn't feel possible to build a squad while keeping everyone happy and wanting them to stay and fight for their place. In my team, players either want to move on for a bigger club, impatient about not being in the team or feel they have achieved all they can at the club. All in all it doesn't seem realistic at all. It seems that i'm forced to sell players every year so i can never settle on a big squad. I'm crystal palace by the way and challenging for the prem and in euro cup.

it depends on the players you buy. some might be willing to stay and take a back role even if they only get a few games. also depends on what you describe their roles as. only have a couple of key players a few first teamers etc etc. making sure your players get some game time a couple of starts here and there will be helpful. and the mixture of youth and experience. most of this are a given you just have to look closely at players if they fit your squad determination and if your a bit lucky. im sure once you start winning the prem and consistent cl appearence your squad will become more settled. . just takes a bit of time till your top of the league continously and players want to come rather then leave

Archived