La Liga rules?

So, I just managed to finish 2nd in the La LIGA after Real Madrid.

We both finished with 86 points. They had a goalscore of +53, we had one of +34.

Our internal games finished:

Real Madrid-Real Oviedo: 3-2

Real Oviedo-Real Madrid: 1-0.

Now I know that in the spanish league the results between teams is the 1st decider when having equal points. The question then is, does that rule also include away goal advantage, if positive, then the game just cheated me out of the title.

Cannot read Spanish and cannot find the exact documentation elsewhere, so hoping a spanish-reading person or someone who knows for sure would like to help me solve this :)

Thank you in advance!

I think it goes by head to head first and then if there level then its goal difference. No idea whether away goals count in the head to head. It doesn't look as though they do.

Yea, arsenal thank you, but it does not say anything about away goals in the head to head games ;/

Heath: I see you are from Spain. So you know for sure, that away goals are not considered, but just total goals? And what if the games had ended 3-2, 2-0, would I have won then or is it based on "points gained against eachother? (IE in this case 3 points for them, 3 for us).

According to a few articles I have read it is just head to head results meaning that the goal difference over the two results would not be taken into account, then it goes to overall goal difference.

Archived