Suggetion: Arguing with chaiman about sell of players

We have all been through the situations where we lose one of our start players because chairman tought the offer made by bigger club was too good to refuse. While this is a realistic feature that shouldn´t be removed no matter how frustrating it is for players I feel it should be greatly improved for example isntead of just getting a message the chairman accepted the offer and theres nothing you can do about it instead you get a message from Chairman letting you know that the offer is too good and he is going to accept and you then get the following series of options:

1. Tell Chairman you understand the situation and accept his decision

2. Tell Chairman that you believe he still can negotiate for better money and should stall the offer to see if some other club offers more

3. (if on middle of season) Tell Chairman that the player is too important for the teams aspirations for the season and should try to get buyer club to settle for getting the player at the end of season.

4. Promising promotion or title if he does not sell the player till the end of the season (Which would of course severely damage your job security if you do not deliver or if player is injured and can not be sell for so much money anymore9.

5. Warn Chairman that player in question is a fan favorite and selling him could potentially upset the supporters

6. Go to the press and rally the supporters to help you keep the player.

7. Give Chairman an Ultimatum that you would quit if he sells player

Its a great idea and one thats been suggested before many times- dont hold your breath though, SI seem more concerned with putting in half-arsed features such as Press Conferences than features that actually might be a) realistic, or b) will help the manager.

Makes you wonder just why they put features in like the chairman selling without ever bothering to flesh it out properly.

Actually SI- why have you always done this?

very awesome idea, man. i had that once @ PSV where the chairman sold 4 of the top players without my consent!

He doesn't need your consent! Its his club and sadly you are only an employee. I think it would be a brilliant addition to the game if it were included though. :thup::thup:

I'll add my approval to this. Great idea.

My chairman accepted an offer of £9m for Ledley King from Man City. Luckily he turned them down but I then got a news item where King expressed his unhappiness that I accepted a bid for him. Not being able to respond to the Chairman, the player or the media seems pretty unfair.

I’ve always campaigned for some follow on from the chairman going over your head. It just seems bizarre atm that an offer can be accepted and you can’t so much as express your disappointment.

One thing I find strange though, is the fact you can counteract this by offering the players a new deal in the hope he signs an extension for you rather than moving clubs. I think this is a bit unrealistic because surely if the chairman has accepted the offer he sees it as too good to refuse so wouldn’t sanction the new contract offer.

I like this too, another :thup:

Linked to this, if resigning because of it you could have a similar list of options: done all i can for the club, want a new challenge, too much board interference (for this sort of scenario of having bids accepted over your head) etc.

Top idea.... too often has the chairman sold my best player and i've had no one to shout at except the computer screen. At least with this idea i could vent my frustration at the Chairman (even though it will still involve me shouting at the comp screen :D )

Just to play Devil's Advocate, I happen to like it when the chairman steps in and stirs the pot. Let me clarify: I'm not happy when it happens and it obviously sucks to lose one of your best players for a seemingly tiny amount, but:

a) this does happen in real life.

b) the game is already pretty 'easy' for the player in the transfer market. We're much more adept at getting the players we want.

c) it is a streamlined way of showing that things don't always go according to plan without introducing another feature that is either bugged, behaves like Team Talks - or worse - always has a 'best' option.

I'm a big fan of risk vs. reward gaming. I don't mind things going to **** on occassion and having to rebuild. (I always played SimCity with disasters on.) It adds to my sense of accomplishment to overcome adversity. I realize I am in the minority but figured I would put in my $0.02.

--------

All that said - if the different 'Confidence' levels that were suggested in another thread (one for the board, one for the team and one for fans) was introduced, than this feature would almost be necessary and would be very interesting.

I would like it if there were real consequences to the choices:

Pick #1: You gain confidence with the chairman, but not with the players and lose with the fans if he happened to be a favourite.

Pick #2: Similar to #1, but if the deal actually loses money or the offer cancels because of the hold out, you lose confidence with all three and make no money.

Pick #3: Much bigger loss of confidence if the player doesn't sell at the end of the year, however the team & fan impact isn't as great. (could be offset if player is key in wnning silverware.)

Pick #4: Already detailed by OP.

Etc. etc.

Would add more interesting decisions into the game.

We have all been through the situations where we lose one of our start players because chairman tought the offer made by bigger club was too good to refuse. While this is a realistic feature that shouldn´t be removed no matter how frustrating it is for players I feel it should be greatly improved for example isntead of just getting a message the chairman accepted the offer and theres nothing you can do about it instead you get a message from Chairman letting you know that the offer is too good and he is going to accept and you then get the following series of options:

1. Tell Chairman you understand the situation and accept his decision

2. Tell Chairman that you believe he still can negotiate for better money and should stall the offer to see if some other club offers more

3. (if on middle of season) Tell Chairman that the player is too important for the teams aspirations for the season and should try to get buyer club to settle for getting the player at the end of season.

4. Promising promotion or title if he does not sell the player till the end of the season (Which would of course severely damage your job security if you do not deliver or if player is injured and can not be sell for so much money anymore9.

5. Warn Chairman that player in question is a fan favorite and selling him could potentially upset the supporters

6. Go to the press and rally the supporters to help you keep the player.

7. Give Chairman an Ultimatum that you would quit if he sells player

I think this suggestion is great. We have all been there like you said and even if this didnt have an affect on the Chairmans decision, we would still feel like we tried our best.

Archived