How do you beat Real Madrid ... :(

I am playing with sevilla, and I have drawn with them 5 times and lost 3 times. Including a CL final defeat on penalties.

Is there any tactic you personally use? I just dont get it, no tactic I use works, and my team is of same quality if not better than them now.

I've always found Real Madrid like to play that horrid 4-3-2-1 tactic with 3 MC, 2 AMC and 1 FC.

So basically it's hard to break down their attacking third of the pitch since they're playing small triangles essentially and can pass it short around your own MC's. Before you know it, your DC is being dragged out by an AMC allowing their FC the space to shoot and you're a goal down.

You need to jam the midfield yourself with 2 DMCs closing down their own area of the pitch (not the whole pitch or that'll drag your DMCs out of position) and rely on the counter attack to beat Real's defence. You could also try pushing your defensive line up a little and try and keep the ball in Real's half of the pitch :)

With City 2nd season I played a flat 4-4-2, defensive, direct passing, slow tempo, counter attack, highish closing down, highish time wasting, hard tackling their best players and I won 4-1. Keep it simple, it'll work.

Archived