Stadiums Names

Just a question about stadium names on FM09.

Ones that are built for example, (ones in 2020 etc etc) that tend to be called after a club legend. Are they always named after club legends?

As in June 2026 on my Liverpool save, Man City are moving in to a new stadium called: 'Klinsmann Park' and Chelsea are set to move into a new stadium called: 'Lampard Park'

So are they always named after legends?

Why would Man City move into a stadium named Klinsmann Park

Must be a regen.

Anyway I've only seen stadiums named after the team name - ie. Milan Stadium, Tottenham Stadium, etc. It'd be nice if there was more variety tbh, not sure how it could be implemented though :confused:

I noticed that in my 2016 game that Liverpool are in the 78k seater Benitez Park.

Aww man, I only got a new stadium that had a capacity of 65k. :(

It was named after me though, and it was called (my surname) Arena. Sounds intimidating

After 24 seasons with Le Mans Union Club I got a second new stadium built (this one named after me). About 10 seasons in I sold a wonderkin for 89 million and since that time hovered with a balance of around 100 million. After 23 seasons I was feeling confident and sick of many of my players so I sold 150 million worth to pad my balance further. With winning every competition my balance grew to over 300 million and the moment that happened I got the announcement that the new stadium would be built.

I wonder is 300 million a set number for a new stadium? If so (and if I'd known it) I would have saved the millions sooner. Maybe it's different for each club. I don't know. Does anyone have anymore information on this issue? Thanks.

Getting a new stadium depends on various circumstances, my FC Utd board just took out a ~£50m loan to build a stadium, there's no set amount for getting a new stadium, it will depend on your existing stadium (do you have one, condition, capacity and expansion capacity), whether your existing stadium can be expanded, whether you are filling your ground, cost of the new ground, ambition of your chairman etc...

New grounds can be named after the manager, the club, the chairman or after players/staff on the favoured personnel list.

Aww man, I only got a new stadium that had a capacity of 65k. :(

It was named after me though, and it was called (my surname) Arena. Sounds intimidating

i have a liverpool save but started a seperate game because they wouldnt build me a new stadium :eek:. how did you get yours ,

i.e what was the balance

recent success

etc etc etc

:D

i have a liverpool save but started a seperate game because they wouldnt build me a new stadium :eek:. how did you get yours ,

i.e what was the balance

recent success

etc etc etc

:D

Can't remember my balance. It was built in 2019.

By then, I had won:

9 league titles

4 FA Cups

7 Community Shields

3 Champions Leagues

2 Super Cups

3 World Club Championships

Just went to expand my stadium, only to find out that there is once again, no chance of getting permission as there is no space.

Guess I'm gonna have to have a 2nd new stadium built to expand :p

Sorry but they would still not name it Klinsmann park as there are plenty of Man City legends .Some one at SI needs to look into this as clubs tend to name after owners or players and mainly in the case of players it is a stand. There is no way in REAL life that they would name a stadium afetr Jurgen Klinsmann unless he won the Premier league, champions league and any other cups for a good few few years.

Sorry but they would still not name it Klinsmann park as there are plenty of Man City legends .Some one at SI needs to look into this as clubs tend to name after owners or players and mainly in the case of players it is a stand. There is no way in REAL life that they would name a stadium afetr Jurgen Klinsmann unless he won the Premier league, champions league and any other cups for a good few few years.

Well since arriving at Citeh (in 2016, I'm in 2025 now), he has won:

5 Premierleague Titles (Runners up twice, and a third place)

2 FA Cups (Runners up twice)

4 Community Shields (Runners up four times)

2 Carling Cups (Runners up once)

6 Champions Leagues (Runners up once)

4 UEFA Super Cups (Runners up twice)

5 Club World Cups

That's 28 competitions he's run in 9 and a bit years in charge of Citeh.

Archived