Splash the cash or hope for a new stadium?

I'm playing as Cesena, start in Seie C, but have got them to be in the top 3 in Serie A plus won the European Cup.

I have only got a 20 000 seat stadium and board says there is no space to expand, so the question is should I keep trying to save up enough in the hope of getting a bigger stadium, have about £180 million atm, or should I blow the transfer budget and try and win the league, best I have managed is 2nd after about 12 years of trying, damn Inter.

Transfer budget has nothing to do with how much money you have, it's the balance that matters :thup:

Of course it does, if I spend £100 million then it comes out of the balance as well as the transfer budget meaning that I would have less money for any improvements.

I have to make profits on transfers every year just to break even.

It'll only have an effect on the balance if the transfer is over 24 months :thup:

Transfer fees come out of the balance as soon as you pay them, the balance does not effect the transfer budget though so you can lose money else where throughout the season without the transfer budget dropping, and the transfer budget can even exceed the balance, as it happens to do in my case.

Splash the cash mate. Get a better team and start reaping those big prize money in CL. I am currently trying to play a game where I set out to get the highest bank balance I possibly could - what happens? Those darn shareholders just start taking a higher cut haha :thdn:

Possibly after a while you'll also see that you don't need to spend the whole transferbudget every season in order to keep your team up there in the top. That's when you'll be able to get enough money for the new stadium.

And stuboy: you are absolutely right about the relation between the balance and the transfer budget

well I beat Inter the first game of the season, so maybe this will be the year.

I already am getting far in Europe most years, actually number 1 ranked so the only way I'll get more money is a bigger stadium.

Archived