Is it only big teams that make profit?

I am in my 2nd season at WHU and we are doing pretty good. Just lost League Cup Final, and will be getting knocked out of Champions League (first leg lost 3-0). We are 6th in EPL and after ground expansion we are pulling 40,000 fans per game. Wages are about 48% of total budget which the board are happy about but want me to be careful about being too tight basically. Even with all this we are still losing money per month.

Will we ever make a profit? If we have a bad season next year it will be worse as wouldnt have the cup money which has helped alot.

Have a look at the finances screen, you might have a loan and I think West Ham do and that could be affecting you, also try and get commercial feeder and then get a high-profile name in if you can.

You will probably find you make a profit by the end of the season. Prize money from the PL and CL should give you a profit, depending on how much you are losing, of course.

Very few of the teams don't lose money during the regular season. Although if you see the season overall many teams are making money. As earlier mentioned, prize money are often high towards the end of the season and so is the tv-revenue. If your team are losing money when you see the whole season as one then you're in trouble. That's when it's time to look at wages and maybe sell of the most expensive players.

Archived