I'm still playing FM08 (as i have done for well over a year now) but was amazed to read on the back of the box yesterday that "fan days" was actually listed as a new feature... like it was something really special!!! Come on SI, just make next years game and put "better than last year" on the box and be done with it, rather than trying to big up rubbish features like fan days.

I guess FM09 is similar... what does the back of the box say? (i don't know; i honestly haven't seen it as i live in a jungle in Belize - but I will take a guess):

- Improved Team Talks... 6 options rather than 5 options i suspect.

- Improved Media Module... yet more mundane questions and answers no doubt, designed to mess up morale.

- Improved transfer market... they say this every year but i havent seen anything change for years.

- Improved match engine... OK, i think this has got better every year, but i think they would just stick it on the box anyway, because you would be disappointed if it wasnt on there.

- I'm still laughing at the fan days bit.

So out of interest, what does it say on the back of the FM09 box?

Just for old time sake, here is the "new features" text for FM08:

"Fan days - The board can now arrange fan days to boost ailing attendances, or for matches that are likely to attract a low crowd, with a long term affect to attendances if all goes well".

Wow... i need to buy this game, just to see that happen like once, in about 40 seasons of playing.

Anyone else think of any other utterly pointless features listed in previous versions?

It happens frequently enough.

If it happened any more, the board would be letting freebies in for important games, which isn't going to happen. If you're managing a top division side, it's less likely to happen

One final thing (i promise this is the last i'll say on the matter)... Did an improved fan days module make it into FM09?

Why did it need to? It's a feature that worked fine in FM08.

If you tried some real management, with a team in the Blue Square South or even up to League 1, you would know that fan days can be very useful, and have made me a lot of money and more fans.

I saw loads of fandays in the early seasons of my long term Braintree save. If you think about it, larger clubs are not likely to NEED fandays, so it completely depends upon which level you are playing at.

Why did it need to? It's a feature that worked fine in FM08.

If you tried some real management, with a team in the Blue Square South or even up to League 1, you would know that fan days can be very useful, and have made me a lot of money and more fans.

At what stage did i say anything about managing a top team... I was Forest Green FFS. After 12 seasons with them, i moved onto Sourense in the Portuguese lower leagues. What made you think i was not trying "real management"?

Archived