three subs already used and...

my keeper goes and gets injured. probably because he's not match fit as i never play him. need this to go back to top of the league. only playing him because he is unhappy at the moment and thought this was a weaker wolves team. literally have only been in front for two minutes after being 2-0 down at half time. angry.

I had something similar happen to me in an earlier version of FM. I had no substitute keeper as my first two were injured, and the guy who was playing goal got injured (of course). I had to put a defender in goal. Lucky for me I had a 2-0 lead at that point and ended up winning 2-1, but it was a tense 30 minutes or so until the final whistle.

managed to draw. funny that phil jagielka has a goalkeeper rating of 3 and when i put him in goal his little dot for position on the tactics screen was yellow!

Seriously, Jagielka = a very competent goalkeeper. As a SUFC fan that watched him before games messing about in the goals during the pre-match warm-up, his reflexes and handling is as good as a normal keeper. It's probably only the goalkeeping experience that lets him down: things like positional sense and aerial ability.

His performance against Arsenal was excellent but he also played in goal for SUFC against Crystal Palace and Plymouth Argyle for longer. I think if you total the minutes up from those three matches, it must be close to two games in total. And he only conceded one goal.

Whatever people think of Warnock, he is a decent judge of a player and he had total faith in Jagielka as a backup goalkeeper!

I don't know if this is just a random thing but I am playing my first serious fm game for a while with Swindon then I moved to Barnsley. I have had a few games where I went up 3-0 in the first say 10-15 mins of a game. However in these game I seem to get around 3-4 injuries. Its very random tbh.

Archived