Have you ever thrown it away?

I recently had a career where i was top of the league by 8 points by christmas but threw it away the end of the season, has anyone ever had a similar or bigger lead and managed to fade away?:D

My mate had a 4 point lead going into the final three games of the season drew against hull in the last and lost the prem to United on GD

I held the summit of the league for months but with four games to go, I lost at Old Trafford 2 - 1. They over took me by a point.

I went on to win my last three games but so did United. I lost the title by a point. :(

I went on to lose the champions league final v Real Madrid 1 - 0 too :(

In my Eastleigh FC save, it was the end of the season in the Blue Square Premier and I blew a 9 point lead at the end of the season to drop from the automatic promotion spot.

I won in the playoffs though, so it wasn't too much of a "throwing away."

wish I could get into position to through it away, have thrown away chances to challenge, been within a few points, Inter lost or drew and but I dropped points against relegation threatened teams like Parma and Piacenza.

It used to happen to me quite often, especially if I was going for promotion and the latter stages of cup competitions. It latterly dawned on me that the key factor was my training - I was over-working them which resulted in fatigue and jadedness in the final hurdles. I now progressively tweak down my strength and aerobic schedules and make better use of squad rotation to lessen the danger.

Oh yes. Top by a point with FC Groningen with four games to go, finished third behind PSV and Ajax. In the fourth Champions League spot by four points with two games to go against already relegated Middlesbrough and already relegated Newcastle: lost both and finished fifth.

On my Liverpool save in the 2020 season, was in March.

Was 1st ahead of Man Citeh (who were 2nd) by 7 points.

Had a game v Newcastle, where their manager said there was no chance of us (Liverpool) throwing away the title. We lost the game against Newcastle, and as it were, lost the title by taking only 10 points from our final 7 games.

i just chucked away a 16 point lead at the SPL with Celtic. I lost the league on the final minute of the season.

A few days later I beat Rangers in the cup final 22-21 on penalties. No joke. I thought it was a bug.

i have never thrown away a big lead, ive eaten in to some big leads most notably a ten point lead by arsenal ground down to a 3 point lead by my burnley side,

my question? has anyone ever been relegated . coz in ten years of champ manager and fm ive never been relegated :D

I've been relegated twice ever playing FM. Once was on FM08 managed Oggershiem in a german league that they dont even bother with on FM09. My first season with them I finished mid table, and the next season another league which hadn't previously existed sprung up as it was due to be created IRL that season. I got put in it as it was geographically done. The majority of the teams were far far better than us and we went down on goal difference on the last day.

On the career save I'm currently playing I got relegated with Kidderminster. I left Itala San Marco in Italian C1 to take over the harriers at the foot of league 2 23 games into the season. Couldn't save them from impending doom and got unfairly sacked because of it.

Nineteen points clear at the top of the Premier League as Enfield with seven games to go in CM03/04.

Lost 6 and drew 1 of my last seven games to lose the league by a point. I vaguely recall that it was Liverpool that won the league.

I used to win the Premier League with them quite regularly in CM01/02 - just get Andrew Martin as soon as Enfield were promoted to the Conference and watch the goals fly in.

I have not managed to win the Premier League with Enfield in any version of CM or FM since CM01/02.

Enfield Town are sitting 2nd in Division Two in my current FM08 game and I'm going to stick at this one until I've won the Premier League

I've had the opposite, Arsenal being the consistently strong side in my game (as well as myself), Can't remember the gap or exact times but throughout dec-jan it was around the 8-10 point mark. Had the 2nd winter slump but they were doing the same and having resigned myself to Arsenal running away with it (it had happened before) there was hope. 2 very tough penultimate draws and I thought it was over as they were 3 clear with 1 game left but on CL final/end of season weekend (I was in the former) they lost to a Reading side that were safe but not much higher and a win in midweek got it for me on gd. So don't worry as the AI can do it as well if that makes things feel better.

Was on course to win my first ever prem title ever in my current save, on any series of FM.

I was second all season, till we got to the last 8 games. Liverpool slipped up and i had a 2 point advantage.

Got to the second to last game, i lost the game, liverpool got a point ahead of me.

We both won our last games, so therefore i lost the title by a point.

Maybe next year....

and now i have just thrown it away played exeter (i was 3rd and they where 4th..we were level on points and goal different..i scored 8 more goals though) but i lost and after being top for 13 whole weeks im now fifth and in the league 2 play offs

Archived