Dilema.. who to sell? [Player naming]

Ok my Man City team are getting a bit large and it's effecting my fortunes as the team are still only a 5th place side. I've opted to axe Shay Given, Caicedo and Owen for next season (which'll be the third) and replace with Akinfeev (23.5m from Boro) and Baloteli (7.5m transfer listed from Inter due to dislike with manager)... but I also have a crowded midfield with Gerrard, Wright Phillips, Valencia and a brazilian wonderkid called Giuliano (sp?) all playing right sided

Now Gerrard plays in CM or DM most of the time but Guiliano gets better than both Phillips and Valencia who have peaked and are every bit as good as each other, so I need to off one of them to this kid gets some more football. Now my gut says Valencia stays cuz he's younger at 24 and Phillips is 28, but Valencia is very inconsistant and seems to let me down in vital games, but Phillips only has a season or two before he breaks down and can't cope with my high tempo style. So it's a case of hoping Valencia becomes more consistant in his third season as he's slowly showing signs of excellence late in the 2nd year, or off him for the £17.5m that Middlesbrough just offered and keep Phillips as the faithful hard worker?

What would you do, I'm so confused lol

Nothing wrong with squad depth. Keep them all if you can, and just play the best ones while they're fit.

True but I play four in midfield and have;

LM: Downing/Jovetic

CM: Moutinho/Ireland/Collison/Benzerga

CM: Gerrard/Forestieri/De Jong/Atkins (super kid)

RM: Wright Phillips/Valencia/Guiliano

It's getting a little too crowded now so I'm likely to cut a few Benzerga & Phillips look most likely. I just needed to check if i was going to make a bad move and a lot of people have had bad luck with Valencia? lol

Bye bye SWP haha

but in fairness it depends what you're after. If you are built to win the league right now then (if you have to) sell Valencia. If you can afford to a) develop Guiliano and b) still win games with the inconsistent Valencia, then you should sell SWP

Archived