Idea: Individual Player Pre-Season Expectations

Hi, just had a thought and wondered what the community thought of it...

Popped into my head as I'd signed a striker in January hoping he would spearhead my attack and get us a good few goals, however he scored once in 14 appearances and that was on the last game of the season when we had nothing left to play for.

What I'd like to be able to do is discuss with certain individuals what I expect of them for the coming season, eg the aforementioned striker, tell him that I expect a lot from him, maybe understanding that it took him a while to settle, needs to justify his price tag etc...things like that.

You could have it a bit like the team talks, by that I mean have a drop down box and can tailor it individually or as a team.

For youth players who you feel might have a chance of breaking into the first team, you could tell them that they may feature this season if they perform well in the reserves.

This is just some initial thoughts and I'm sure more will pop into my tiny cranium but please feel free to comment/expand on this...

Cheers

Andy

Good call.

You should be able to tell a "big money/name" player that you expect some serious performances out of him once he has settled in.

I'd like to be able to tell my wonderkids that "they are the future of the club" as well, hopefully, it would keep them patient when they aren't getting tons of games.

You should also be able to ask players to take up citizenship if they qualify for it.

I suppose the more player/manager interaction the better...after all, that's what this game is all about!

Oh, and I want to be able to tell the Bolton and Man U managers that their teams are dirty thugs after certain games when I pick up loads of injuries..."they set out to injure my players" sort of thing.

Good call.

You should be able to tell a "big money/name" player that you expect some serious performances out of him once he has settled in.

I'd like to be able to tell my wonderkids that "they are the future of the club" as well, hopefully, it would keep them patient when they aren't getting tons of games.

You should also be able to ask players to take up citizenship if they qualify for it.

I suppose the more player/manager interaction the better...after all, that's what this game is all about!

Oh, and I want to be able to tell the Bolton and Man U managers that their teams are dirty thugs after certain games when I pick up loads of injuries..."they set out to injure my players" sort of thing.

:thup: pretty much

Once you get your Board expectations, it makes sense that you would speak to all your plkayers on a 1 to 1 basis and tell them what you expect from them- a good idea- put it in the wishlist thread and maybe SI will notice.

Hi, just had a thought and wondered what the community thought of it...

Popped into my head as I'd signed a striker in January hoping he would spearhead my attack and get us a good few goals, however he scored once in 14 appearances and that was on the last game of the season when we had nothing left to play for.

What I'd like to be able to do is discuss with certain individuals what I expect of them for the coming season, eg the aforementioned striker, tell him that I expect a lot from him, maybe understanding that it took him a while to settle, needs to justify his price tag etc...things like that.

You could have it a bit like the team talks, by that I mean have a drop down box and can tailor it individually or as a team.

For youth players who you feel might have a chance of breaking into the first team, you could tell them that they may feature this season if they perform well in the reserves.

This is just some initial thoughts and I'm sure more will pop into my tiny cranium but please feel free to comment/expand on this...

Cheers

Andy

Good idea, worth posting in the wishlist thread :thup:

Great idea!

My only reservation would be if you were forced to set expectations for every player, because that would be immensely tiring going through all 34 players in my teams :D

If it was optional, it could work quite well :)

Once you get your Board expectations, it makes sense that you would speak to all your plkayers on a 1 to 1 basis and tell them what you expect from them- a good idea- put it in the wishlist thread and maybe SI will notice.

:thup: It's a great idea by the OP. Talking of the Board, we'd also need the board to recognise that when we buy a 16 year old to nurture over a few years, they should not be disappointed that he doesn't turn out for the first team!

:thup: It's a great idea by the OP. Talking of the Board, we'd also need the board to recognise that when we buy a 16 year old to nurture over a few years, they should not be disappointed that he doesn't turn out for the first team!

Absolutely spot on mate....:thup:

"the fans are disappointed that the FIFTEEN year old Goalie you got for the future has played so few games for the club"

What a load of honk! Grrr :mad:

Archived