Option to turn off press conferences?

For me press conferences will never be realistic/fun in FM beacuse they will never be random enough. At the moment they are absolute nonsense in the game, so repetitve and irritating, purely added to the game for marketing purposes(which is totally understandable as SI are a company that need to try and attract new customers).

Whats perhaps most annoying apart from the repetitiveness is the media judging your next opponents on reputation alone, not taking into account form, players, geography, importance of the game etc... Being told 'a narrow victory against a team you really should be beating comfortably' after a fantastic 1-0 away win in snowy Moscow in the final game of your CL group would drive you to throw FM09 out the window!

SI, this really is far too gimicky a feature for your hardcore fans to have to put up with it, please include an option in preferences to remove this farce from the game. FM09 is so close to the best CM/FM game ever produced and i'm very excited about FM10's potential. If I want to conduct a press conference i'l do it in front of my mirror with a shampoo bottle!

Thanks

Just had a thought- I am in my 6th season of press conferences- I have never commented on an opposition player or team yet I am still asked at every press conference about one or the other- you would think that the journos would learn.

I agree the feature should be improved as it becomes very repetitive after a while. But I also think that it is not a big problem (at least not for me).

After 13 seasons, I just fly by them; since the questions are so repetitive, I know already which answer I need to give by reading the first few words of the question itself. I also learned which are the best answer for each question in order to make the team react positively.

Therefore I just click click click again. If I'm not feeling sure about a question I skip it (this seems not to create any problem with the team).

To conclude, yes they should be greatly improved to be a good feature; no you shouldn't have the option to turn them off since "real managers can't turn them off" (realism - you can argue that also managers don't have to answer the same dumb questions over and over).

Just learn to use it to your advantage by memorize question - answers, or quickly answer "no comment" to all of them and you won't affect the team morale.

Not necessarily a bad feature, but one that certainly needs a lot of work in the next version.

I dont think any amount of work could do this feature any justice. Press conferences are all about random questions with random answers. How could this possibly be implemented into a computer game?

Yes they can be improved, but there will always be repetitive set questions with set answers.

I dont think any amount of work could do this feature any justice. Press conferences are all about random questions with random answers. How could this possibly be implemented into a computer game?

Yes they can be improved, but there will always be repetitive set questions with set answers.

Press conferences are not about random questions with random answers. Despite questions and answers are very limited at present, they are still related to the game that you played / you are going to play.

I believe that the set of question / answers needs to be greatly expanded in order to become a good feature. It might never be the same as real life (imagine the press asking you about a UEFA conspiracy :)), but it could be still better than now and it could become a good feature.

I don't think you should have an option to remove them, yes they can be repetitive, but isn't that the same in real life. How many times do you think Fergie, Benitez, Wenger, Strachan etc have all been asked the same question over and over?

Don't get me wrong, I do feel that they need to be improved on but this was SI's first attempt at them and new features take time to evolve into exactly how they want to see it. Remember 2D when it first came in...wasn't the best but look how far it's come since then.

Although they're not cosmetic as they do impact on how players react, they do feel cosmetic. I don't attend all that many but make sure I attend for every big game I have coming up

SI, this really is far too gimicky a feature for your hardcore fans to have to put up with it, please include an option in preferences to remove this farce from the game.

You don't need an option in preferences to remove this from the game. Simply let your assistant handle them and you'll never have to answer another press conference question again. I agree though that this is an area of the game that does need improving.

Why turn it off wehen you could use it to your advantage?

It might be boring and repetitive, but by saying the right words you could raise squad morale and maybe make a difference to your upcoming game.

Shouldn't have to be turned off but definately could be improved:thup:

It's not gimicky at all. I think SI were just trying to improve realism as they are a major part of life in every football league around the world. I love them. Besides, since the 9.0.3 patch I've noticed that they don't come around nearly as often as they did before.

Something that would greatly improve Press Conferences where if they actually had questions about your strategy like if they asked stuff like if you play with only one ST and they said that you should play with two to make the game exciting

Archived