How do you make a player train better?

Franck Ribery for me as "slightly declined as a player over the last three months." It's only the 1st seasons so he's still 26 years old or whatever. I tried looking at coach reports but none of them say how to make him train better. I went to player interaction but typical SI there is no "I am disappointed with your effort in training and if you don't put in more effort you will lose your place in the 1st team" type thing.

Also the monthly training repot came and Ribery was mentioned as the only player training poorly.

He is happy and all and everything.

So how do I interact with him and tell him I'm disappointed with his training and or get him to train better?

Thank you!

Try clicking on the player, then selecting Training | Overview. The bottom line should be "Happiness". If all is well, he should be listed as "Happy with his training schedule".

I suspect you'll find him listed as "Unhappy with the high training workload". If that's the case, you'll need to reduce his training intensity a bit until you can get him happy - make a small change, check a week later, make another small reduction, etc, until he's happy.

Note that asking him to learn a new position, or to learn/unlearn a PPM, will also add "workload", so if you have him happy but then ask him to learn a PPM, you might make him unhappy again.

Determination, Work Rate, Professionalism, and Ambition all impact the workload a player is willing to endure - the first two you can spot easily, but the other two you'll need to find via his Personal screen or your squad view "Assistant Reports".

Not that it applies for Ribery at 26, but young players will develop the capacity for more and more intense training as they develop, especially if tutored by Professional/Determined/hard working mentors, so don't write a youngster off just because he can't support Heavy training right at first. (That's the answer to your general question "How do you make a player train better"?: keep training him as heavily as he can stand, and get him tutored by as professional a tutor as you can find for him.)

Good work Amaroq.

Going back to the OP - having player interaction in repsect of training sounds like a good idea. Criticising a player's effort could directly affect his happiness in his traning perhaps. So a determined player would up his game and become 'happier', whereas a player with lesser mental attributes could becoem even more unhappy, therefore afftecting his stats in a negative way.

What is the qulity of the coaches you are using and have you allocated them manaually or have auto allocated them? Getting the best coaches you can afford will certainly have an effect on improvemenet and I cannot see that a player of his age will be stuck or about to decline.

I believe that when your ass.manager gives you the training report of the month it is in fact just a report showing you who (if any) got a significant raise to their stats. If Ribery is getting old and his stats have started to naturally decline he will be listed as "training poorly" it means he has had a decline in his stats over the last month. So I don't think it actually gives a report whether or not he actually strained himself on the training ground, but rather the results that is achieved (reflected in increase/decline of the actual stats).

I have a similar problem with a regen, who has high potential.

I gave him some first team time and he did wonderfully, scoring goals from free kicks and outplaying opposition every time.

Then i read in his profile he was a similar player to Aguero.

I made Aguero tutor him and they both were satisfied. When it finally finished, tutoring went ok and he learned some usefull things for the future. Determination has raised a lot (from 14 to 18, if i can recall).

The problem is, since then, his other stats (mainly technical) started to go down as well as current ability. he had 164 and now only 155. He had 19 on free kicks and now only 17. First touch, technique and even tacling also went down.

He's happy with training schedules and all. I really don't know what to do.

I was planning on making him my future star, since he has high potential ability, but right now i might need to sell him as he's not playing any good anymore.

Any tips?

If he has good potential it could be worth keeping him though, especially if he's young (which it seems like he is). When players decrease their stats, it usually is only for some time, usually they will get back what they "lost" and the decline in stats can be attributed to several issues. Usually this happens due to lack of training (injury, vacation etc) or lack of match practice (he's not playing enough on the first team etc), or a combination of the two. As we know, players must be given a certain amount of first team practice in order to develop as players.

Even though a young players stats declines a bit, there is no need for panic. They will usually regain them again once they are back in training and are given regular match practice. Have faith :thup:

The thing is that he has not been injured and had it's fair share of first team matches.

One thing though. I've chosen the option of role model and not learn from towards Aguero tutoring.

maybe it was a mistake, since his tehcnical atributes were better then Aguero's. Only mentl ones were poor and he did gain lots of determination.

I'll never know if choosing just learn from would make him a world star, as he already had wonderfull tehcnical atributes, which now are decreasing to a regular player standard.

I had the same sort of thing. I had a defender with massive potential, after loaning him out to clubs over a few years his CA was 170 at 21 or 22 years old, then he came back to my club and in a month his CA dropped to 155, disappointing when his PA was 192. Went on to sell him and I am monitoring his CA to see if it increases back. I just thought he hate me and the club, but we have the best coaches and facilities in the FM world.

Personalise their training schedules. If they don't need to tackle or mark very often, don't have them train in those catergories. If they don't need to shoot much, the same applies.

Just try and focus on the main areas of the game as said above, because if you waste to much time on areas of his game where he won't really be using what he's working on then it's going to reduce the time he can spend on the attributes that he needs every weekend therefore he is going to decline as a right winger if he is focusing on marking, tackling etc..

Archived