can't change your tactics once confirmed

Just a small change I would like to see in the next version of FM. Currently, when you change your tactics and make subs mid game and you confirm the changes you can't change them again before the ball goes out of play and the changes are actually realised.

This is normally not too much of an issue but it becomes really annoying if, for example, you are in a 1-1 game and need to win so you change your tactics to go more attacking and bring in an extra striker for a defensive player, but then before the subs and changes are actually made your team score. Because you are not allowed to alter the changes that you set up, the substitution happens and your formation is more attacking even though at that point you are leading 2-1 and what you really want to do is play more defensively.

I just think that the tactics shouldn't be frozen off once you confirm them.

Totally agree with it. Same problem if you are winning and you go for a more defensive layout (off a striker for a midfielder for example) and before the tactic changes take place, the opposition scores.

I wish I could not make the changes, and instead keep my striker in (or sub the striker for another striker instead).

No, it don't have to be made.

That's correct. There's nothing in the Law Of Football document that says that a substitution needs to happen after being officially announced.

Also wikipedia states that "Under the Laws, the referee has no specific power to force a player to be substituted, even if the team manager or captain has ordered their player to be substituted."

Therefore, a player could say he doesn't want to be substitute and the game could carry on as normal.

obv been mentioned a lot but i'll +1 it again. Had it last night when a player got injured whilst i was making my last sub :(

Just to let you know, you can cancel your sub IF a player get injured or sent off. When the tactical screen loads, just click the "cancel all" button. It seems that if the tactical screen appears when a player is injured / sent off, your last tactical changes have not been made yet (they are on the screen but you can undo them).

Just to let you know, you can cancel your sub IF a player get injured or sent off. When the tactical screen loads, just click the "cancel all" button. It seems that if the tactical screen appears when a player is injured / sent off, your last tactical changes have not been made yet (they are on the screen but you can undo them).

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. But this feature is handy in other scenarios.

Archived