Midfield Marvel Top Trumps - The Sign Up

toptrumps.jpg

The Idea

I’m searching for twenty users to sign up. The only things you can select for the player is name, nationality and starting club in BSP. Everything else will be randomised with no attributes selected by users – this info may come in handy when signing up as you may have to leave a section blank on the form. CA predetermined with PA a random number. Points will be awarded throughout the season culminating in a table at the end of the year. The bottom three users will then have the chance to challenge any of the other players. The winner of the challenge wins six points to allocate to attributes or add 3 points to CA and PA. You cannot add more than two points to any one attribute. If you want to knock a player down a peg or two you can choose to reduce another players attributes, CA or PA instead of increasing your players. Aside from the bottom three there will also be a wildcard challenge. This will be explained later but the same challenge rules apply.

The Scoring

• 1 point per game played

• 2 points per assist

• 3 points per goal

• 5 points per MOM award

• 10 points per trophy won

• -1 for yellow card

• -3 for red card

The Format

At the end of season a PM will be sent to every user of their player. It is wise not to discuss a players strengths or weaknesses to much as it is important within the game – although you may want to try to bluff or double bluff other users ;) The only person who knows what your player looks like will be the person who receives the PM and me, please do not show the screenshot to another player. If you finish in the bottom three of the season table you get to challenge another player but it cannot be one of the other players in the bottom three. To announce your challenge you just need to make a post to say which user/player you challenge and which attribute you wish to be used. When you have decided you also need to send me a PM with which attributes you want increasing (or CA & PA if that’s your choice) or the other players you want reducing. You will have three days from receiving the screenshot to make the choice. Failure to do it before the three days is up will result in no challenge being made.

The Wildcard

At the start of every season I will post three different choices for you to make a vote. These will be things like most games played, highest league position, best club goal difference. Which ever gets the most votes will be used for an extra wildcard at the end of the season. If highest league position is selected the player at the highest positioned league club will get to make a challenge. If it is a player from the bottom three they will get two challenges that year, but must choose two different attributes. A wildcard winner can challenge any other player, even ones in the bottom three.

The Sign Up

What I need you to do is complete the form below. It is not first come first served. All players will have CA 80 and PA -8 to leave lots of room for improvement. Position will be centre midfield.

First name:

Second name:

Common name (optional):

Nationality:

2nd Nationality (optional):

Contracted Club within BSP: more than user one per team is permitted but limited to two users

10 attributes at 20:

If you do not understand the format or if there any questions I will be around for a few hours tonight but then it will probably be Sunday evening when I’m back on. I will try to get the sign up running within the next week depending on work commitments. If you are not familiar with the Top Trumps game try Wiki for a better explanation than I have given. I have stated it will be twenty people to sign up but if interest is high I will try to accommodate more.

EDIT - If there any suggestions about how to improve the sign up, please feel free to post them.

Guest roberto922

First name: Robert

Second name: Jones

Common name (optional): Jonah

Nationality: Welsh

2nd Nationality (optional): Scottish

Contracted Club within BSP: more than one per team is permitted. Wrexham

10 attributes at 20:

Good luck :)

First name: Stuart

Second name: Saville

Common name (optional): Minisav

Nationality: Scottish

2nd Nationality (optional): Swahili

Contracted Club within BSP: Ebbsfleet (They're in there right?)

10 attributes at 20:

First name: Björgvin Viktor

Second name: Færseth

Nationality: Icelandic

2nd Nationality (optional): Norway

Contracted Club within BSP: Wrexham

10 attributes at 20: Ambition, Determination, Influence, Loyalty, Natural Fitness, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Stamina, Temperament

First name: Robert

Second name: Blowcrapup

Common name (optional):

Nationality: English

2nd Nationality (optional): Chinese

Contracted Club within BSP: Burton

10 attributes at 20: Will do this later.

Looking forward and hope I'm picked. :thup:

First name: Lawrence

Second name: Lazewski Jr.

Common name (optional): Fuzzy Lightning

Nationality: Poland

2nd Nationality (optional): England

Contracted Club within BSP: Torquay

10 attributes at 20:

First name: Jake

Second name: Nash

Common name (optional):

Nationality: Australian

2nd Nationality (optional): English

Contracted Club within BSP: more than user one per team is permitted. Torquay

10 attributes at 20:

Guest roberto922

That's three people at Wrexham now, might want to set a limit per club so that we don't end up with 5/6 at one club

That's three people at Wrexham now, might want to set a limit per club so that we don't end up with 5/6 at one club

Its actually four that have listed Wrexham but as it's not first come first served not too much of a problem. Plus only one of the users who chose Wrexham have signed up correctly which makes it easier. I have edited the original post though to restrict it to two per club.

First name: Jack

Second name: Browne

Common name (optional):

Contracted Club within BSP: York City

10 attributes at 20:

Looks good mate :thup:

First name: Tyler

Second name: Burrows

Common name (optional):

Nationality: Andorran

2nd Nationality (optional): Mongolian

Contracted Club within BSP: Oxford United

Height: 161cm

Weight: 59kg

10 attributes at 20:

I know height and weight weren't on the sign-up sheet, but if it's okay, could I have them? Just a bit of fun making really little players!

First name: Tyler

Second name: Burrows

Common name (optional):

Nationality: Andorran

2nd Nationality (optional): Mongolian

Height: 161cm

Weight: 59kg

10 attributes at 20:

I know height and weight weren't on the sign-up sheet, but if it's okay, could I have them? Just a bit of fun making really little players!

The reason I didn't allow height and weight is it could give attributes away. A 59k player is not going to have much strength and at 161cm heading and jumping could be affected

First name: Fred

Second name: Brookes

Common name (optional):

2nd Nationality (optional): Northern Irish

Contracted Club within BSP: Salisbury

10 attributes at 20: Reading, Writing, Maths, Science, Geography, Hurdling, Swimming, Flower Arranging, Dish Washing and Ironing :thup:

Looks like a great idea, so I've got my fingers and toes crossed :D

First name: jerome

Second name: joel

Common name (optional):

Nationality: english

2nd Nationality (optional): indian

Contracted Club within BSP: more than user one per team is permitted but limited to two users: york city

10 attributes at 20:

First name: Frederico

Second name: Ricofredo

Nationality: Italian

Contracted Club within BSP: Forest Green

10 attributes at 20:

Looking forward to it!

First name: Bluey

Second name: McClennan

Common name (optional):

Nationality: New Zealand

Contracted Club within BSP: Not sure which teams are left so just stick me on a team with spaces.

10 attributes at 20:

First name: Madridstas

Second name: Haowan

Common name (optional):

Nationality: Spanish

2nd Nationality (optional): Italian

Contracted Club within BSP: Any

10 attributes at 20:

Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the applications so far guys. As fergy says though some people need to learn to read ;)

Applications will be open for a few days yet as I will not have time until Monday night to start doing the database. On Monday I will list everybody who has made it in. If your name is not listed I will add it to the reserve list if you wish incase somebody drops out.

If you have any suggestions about how to improve the format feel free to post ideas

First name: Sam

Second name: Ralph

Common name (optional):

Nationality: English

2nd Nationality (optional): Spanish

Looking forward to it!!

Guest roberto922

I read the bit about not selecting attributes, thats why I was confused when I saw it

First name: Olaf

Second name: Urlnord

Common name (optional):

Nationality: Norwegian

Contracted Club within BSP: The mighty Cambridge United

10 attributes at 20:

Edit: A swore when I read through this the first time there was only 1 other Cambridge Utd selection before me. Any chance of one of you guys wanting to change so i can support my boyhood team? if not i'll suppose i will go with Histon

First name: Olaf

Second name: Urlnord

Common name (optional):

Nationality: Norwegian

Contracted Club within BSP: The mighty Cambridge United

10 attributes at 20:

Edit: A swore when I read through this the first time there was only 1 other Cambridge Utd selection before me. Any chance of one of you guys wanting to change so i can support my boyhood team? if not i'll suppose i will go with Histon

I've changed... to HISTON

Archived