When you play against a player who hasnt scored in ages...

Well in my experience, I've seen a a lot of "that's his first ever goal for the club" whenever a CPU player scores on my team. It seems like everyone always scores their first goal against my team.

Well in my experience, I've seen a a lot of "that's his first ever goal for the club" whenever a CPU player scores on my team. It seems like everyone always scores their first goal against my team.

That happens to me; I have to ask whether there have any goals been scored between me.

I think some players get into goal droughts because they are man-marked out of the game, and then I get tempted to mark his more prolific mate, he gets space, d'oh.

I only say this because I often see oppo goal droughts on top-notch strikers who are prime man mark candidates.

Good point, Delvey, I'd been wondering about this recently as I do tend to see the opposition come in with their best striker on a lengthy goal-drought, which he breaks against me.

Do you have advice on how to man-mark a striker out of the match? I'm never sure who to use for that sort of assignment.

C'mon, Nik_Dut, Delvey's explanation makes much more sense than a conspiracy theory - the AI managers consistently do something that I don't do, tactically. That results in a long goalless streak for the AI striker against other AI sides. I fail to do the same thing, and it isn't noted in my scouting reports, which leaves him open to score against me.

Any ideas what specifically that thing might be?

Archived