2D Match Engine jerkiness - What is going on?

This years edition of Football Manager's 2D match engine is really jerky and takes away my enjoyment from the game.

I am playing on the 2D Classic View, with 3D cameras and sounds not enabled. I am not running any other programs at the same time. The pitch is the size of only about half the computer screen - which is something to moan about another time.

On my old laptop, the 2d classic match engine was really jerky. I put this down partly to my laptop. Since buying a brand new laptop, a decent one at that, the same problem has returned. I can find no reason as to why this is happening, as years ago the 2d match engine would run fine on computers with about a 1/50th the power of my laptop. It's pretty much unwatchable and driving me crazy.

What is going on SI?

Welcome to my world.

You should join my club as well. It's called 'CAMpaign for Really Awesome Dots' or CAMRAD. :D

Basically, CAMRAD believe that there should be a basic 2D mode (similar to FM08) for those who don't like 3D and for those who experience stuttering and jerky match highlights.

To be honest, I've just made this all up, but I think this could work.

Would you like to be the first member of CAMRAD?

:D

C.

Welcome to my world.

You should join my club as well. It's called 'CAMpaign for Really Awesome Dots' or CAMRAD. :D

Basically, CAMRAD believe that there should be a basic 2D mode (similar to FM08) for those who don't like 3D and for those who experience stuttering and jerky match highlights.

To be honest, I've just made this all up, but I think this could work.

Would you like to be the first member of CAMRAD?

:D

C.

Can I please?

Archived