Promotion wage rise ?

I managed 1 team at Blue Square Premier

I sign a player in January for free transfer with promotion wage rise must be added to the contract

Will the wage that I offer to him arise 25% because he sign for my team at January but only come to play after his contract expired at Jun ?

Hope you understand

So you've signed him on a pre-contract? You're in January, able to sign this player, but he won't actually join until June?

In that case, your promotion won't kick in - his contract with you doesn't start until 1st July, so if you were to go up to League 2, he misses out.

However, once he has joined your club, the promotion wage rise would kick in within the life of that contract - so basically, if you were still in BSP the season after he joined, and went up, you'd have his wage increasing by 25% (and the same is true if you went from League 2 to League 1, and so on).

Isn't this a standard thing, though? IIRC, when a player signs for 2+ years, these things are automatically added (so you should get a relegation wage drop of 25%, too).

I've just been stung by this. We got promoted, and I assumed that any promotion increases would have kicked in immediately after the last game had been played.

So I renegotiated contracts with my entire first team at the end of May, staying way within budget: and got a nasty shock when they all got a 25% rise on the 23rd of June, taking me way over budget...

Archived