League 1 Game = Weird

Im new to Lower league managing Tranmere, but why is it the teams im playing play these skilful passing moves, way above their actual ability but my own team can't string 3 passes together, The team im managing feels like a League 1 team which is fine, but everyone else rips my defence apart with one touch passing like they are Barcelona, Calvin Zola for Crewe plays like Dennis Bergkamp

Am I doing something wrong? I have players with low passing ability on Direct because i dont see the point in short passing if they are crap but other teams seem to do OK

I disagree, I'm currently playing as Carlisle in League 1 and find that for the most part its a direct game with lots of long balls, I find I need to play my defenders really deep so they don't get caught out by the strikers anticipating the long ball. With the exception of maybe Leicester and Leeds (2 teams who should be at a higher level) as they seem to play better football. Saying that I just beat Leicester 2-1 away from home. WooHoo!

Archived