Please help - Need to get my head around PT and FT contracts

HI Guys,

Just started a new game with Stafford in the BSP (on FM08)- All players are on Part-time contracts.

I am planning to get rid off nearly all these guys and purchase a complete new squad and staff.

I do have an issue here....

1:) For all the new players bought, should i offer them FT contracts? Do they ask for more/less wages if i offer PT?

2:) All staff i want to sign are by default asking for a PT contract when i click on 'Approach to Sign' - Should i be changing this to FT?

Thanks in advance.

Obviosuly if you offer a full-time contract you have to pay more wages. Same as the real world. If a player works part time, chances are he has another job, taxi driver , plumber etc!

If you can afford it then offer them full time contracts but beware - if you don't have the income to pay for them then you will get into finanical difficulties.

Full time is far preferable because they get to train full time. However your poor training facilities might mean progress is minimal anyway. Full rime coaches do much more work then part time ones.

The other point is that you will have a limited wage budget. Full time will be roughly 2x part time salary and you might end up with a tiny full time squad.

My advice would be this - older players might as well be part time since they wont progress in training. The best young players should be full time. For the rest - see how far your budget goes and how many back-up positions need to be filled. Players you're uncertain of or who come on frees/via trials could start off part time then be given a full time contract if they appear to be part of your future plans.

A big help, however, is signing as many loanees from higher leagues as you can - especially if you cn get their club to pay most or even all of their wages.

HTH

Hey guys thanks for your replies.....

Well to be honest, i have about 5k left to spend in wages but i also do have a nice transfer kitty(£6m)(edited before the game). So i might have to use some of this on the wage budget sooner or later. But i should be ok i think in this case to offer all of my players full time contracts.

At the BSS/BSN level, I aim to have five or six key players plus one coach or A.M. on a Full Time contract.

At the BSP level, I want a minimum of my eleven starters and all coaches on Full Time - ideally, I want my seven most oft-used squad players plus my most promising youth players on FT contracts as well.

By the time I'm seriously pressing for promotion to L2, the entire squad and non-playing staff is FT and the board ought to be considering making us professional, if they haven't already.

I find its worth going as much as 15-20% over the wage budget - the board will let you do this with Key Player / FT contracts to the right transfer candidates - to pursue promotion. Anything more than that gets me in serious financial straits.

Hope that helps give ya some guidelines!

At the BSS/BSN level, I aim to have five or six key players plus one coach or A.M. on a Full Time contract.

At the BSP level, I want a minimum of my eleven starters and all coaches on Full Time - ideally, I want my seven most oft-used squad players plus my most promising youth players on FT contracts as well.

By the time I'm seriously pressing for promotion to L2, the entire squad and non-playing staff is FT and the board ought to be considering making us professional, if they haven't already.

I find its worth going as much as 15-20% over the wage budget - the board will let you do this with Key Player / FT contracts to the right transfer candidates - to pursue promotion. Anything more than that gets me in serious financial straits.

Hope that helps give ya some guidelines!

This is great thank you.

Archived