Jumpy Match Grpahics on New PC

Hoping somebody can help me out here but I am getting stuttering in game graphics during the match play - very annoying to watch.

I did not have a problem before when running the game on my old PC but on my newly built machine cant figure it out.

Previous PC

AMD 6400+ Black Edition Dual Core 3.2GHZ

4GB OCZ DDR2 800MHZ RAM

NVIDIA 8800GTX SLI

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo

Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

New PC

Intel Pentium I7 920 Quad Core

6GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 Tri-Channel 1600MHZ RAM

ATI HD4850 Graphics

Gigabyte GA-EX58-3UDR Mobo

Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

I can only put it down to hardware but have the latest Catalyst drivers installed and Direct X10 updates. The Gigabyte mobo has an HPET setting allowing for 32bit and 64bit OS'S and I have tried both these settings.

All Microsoft updates are up to date.

Any ideas people.......................?

Try lowering the resolution that the game is playing at, that might help.. I think its more down to poor optimisation of code rather than anything hardware related.

Running in compatability mode for XP might help too, although in some cases that slows the game down even more, so be wary :)

Try lowering the resolution that the game is playing at, that might help.. I think its more down to poor optimisation of code rather than anything hardware related.

Running in compatability mode for XP might help too, although in some cases that slows the game down even more, so be wary :)

If it were codeing then why would I have not experienced problems on my previous rig, also running 64 bit Vista?

I am stumped, I will try adjusting the grphic setting in the game as I have not done this yet but do not believe the resolution should affect such a game as it is hardly demanding for the card installed?

Did try running in XP SP2 mode but that made no difference, again never used to have an issue with Vista 64bit so this should not be the issue....?

Very annoying

poor compatibility when it relates to newish hardware. That seems to be the only reason, because of a lot of people suffering with this seem to have hardware under a year old.

I've suffered from freezing problems (likely mother board related). I have a decent spec, yet most of the hardware is 18 months old, some of it 2 years, so I don't seem to get the jumpy match graphics issues.

poor compatibility when it relates to newish hardware. That seems to be the only reason, because of a lot of people suffering with this seem to have hardware under a year old.

I've suffered from freezing problems (likely mother board related). I have a decent spec, yet most of the hardware is 18 months old, some of it 2 years, so I don't seem to get the jumpy match graphics issues.

Little worrying if this is the case as I think it unlikely any more patches are on the horizon but then if anyone building new machines is getting this they must have to look at it!?

SI?

Little worrying if this is the case as I think it unlikely any more patches are on the horizon but then if anyone building new machines is getting this they must have to look at it!?

SI?

I'm not sure if it happens on all newish hardware or if its confined to intel/amd or even motherboard related to be honest. Not everyone with a new machine has these issues but a few do.

There are no more patches coming out, but then again, we're only 6 months away from a (hopefully) better release.

Last catalyst update for my graphics card resulted in all kind of wierd stuff - black screens, slowdowns and faceless regens. I rolled back to previous driver and all was well. Know it's a different graphics card (and the one in the OP should eat those 3d graphics) but it might be worth a shot.

By the by, anyone thinking of trying out Windows 7 with ATI cards beware that they've chopped off support for anything that isn't in the HD range.

X1950 Pro is probably the most common ATI card in use in mid range machines, but even that has been classed now as 'legacy' hardware.

This means that you get no new features in future driver releases (even in vista and xp), and there's no windows 7 specific driver. Installing the Vista driver fails for me. The game runs, and it doesn't lag on my desktop, but users with slightly older machines might suffer.

Archived