Why do I need to bid around £80-£130 Million for some players?

very true, I see players I want valued at 1.5m yet I have to pay 20m+ and I cant even sell a 20m rated player for 5m. It has been like it for 2 years now and I doubt it will ever change. It's crap to be honest.

Gone are the days you could increase Chelseas [or said other rich club] 1st bid and increase it to 100m and it is ok with them.

Because those clubs' managers do not want to sell the players. However, every player has his price, and if the manager is rejecting £50million you have to make a bid that the BOARD cannot refuse, hence why £80-£100million will get you the player. Managers only have so much say in keeping a player.

If Madrid slap a bid of £100million of Ronaldo in, the board will have no hesitation in accepting. But while they mess around with £50-60 million bids it's still in Fergie's hands as well as the board. When silly money comes in the manager has little say.

Yet I can never receive a bid of even half of that. The most I have ever brought in is around £40M. Unfair on the human player IMO.

I've actually had a few ridiculous bids for my players, but nothing as bad as 08. It's an improvement imo.

I think apart from AI making stupid signings occasionally, the transfer system is good in 09.

For example ManUtd should actually buy someone each season, rather than the 1 bosman they get in their first 5 years.

I haven't had any trouble selling players.

If you can't sell a player rated at £20M for £5M he is either a £5M player you paid £20M for and isn't worth it, playing very badly and not worth the risk to other clubs, or out of contract in the summer.

Clubs ask for high amounts because they don't want to sell. If they ask for £40M, bid £20M and test their resolve. If a club bid £20M for your star player and you had money in the bank what would you do? Accept? Reject? Or try and scare them off by asking for an obscene amount.

Hionestly, some people on these baords have no common sense.

i sold tevez to real madrid at £70 million, and that was when i put offer to clubs :D

i put £85 at 1st but no one bid, then slowly down to £70 million

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I do get poor bids for my top players. I bought Sakho 2 seasons ago for £5M roughly and he's been playing very well. Won the Champions League and now the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea are bidding for him. Not one has been over £10M! Crazy. I just reject them now.

Also Mouthino - whom I paid £15M for gets bids of £15M 2 seasons later - as if I would seel him for the same as I bought him. If I negotiated to £35M I think clubs would take the bat but I don't want to let him go so I don't bother.

For each of your players you have the option to set the asking price, which is what the AI uses when scouting your player to determine how much you want for him.

If you don’t set this, the AI will assume the player’s value is his asking price, which is why so many people get AI clubs making derisory offers for their players, so signing someone like Moutinho for £15m and not setting his asking price will lead AI clubs to think that you want £15m for him and start bidding around that mark.

One of the first actions I do now is to set asking prices for all of my players and whenever I make a new signing I set their asking price to an acceptable level (although I often forget and only remember when AI clubs come sniffing around).

If you do this it leads to less clubs being interested in your players, but it also means that those that become interested are far more likely to pay what you’re after (or close enough to it).

For each of your players you have the option to set the asking price, which is what the AI uses when scouting your player to determine how much you want for him.

If you don’t set this, the AI will assume the player’s value is his asking price, which is why so many people get AI clubs making derisory offers for their players, so signing someone like Moutinho for £15m and not setting his asking price will lead AI clubs to think that you want £15m for him and start bidding around that mark.

One of the first actions I do now is to set asking prices for all of my players and whenever I make a new signing I set their asking price to an acceptable level (although I often forget and only remember when AI clubs come sniffing around).

If you do this it leads to less clubs being interested in your players, but it also means that those that become interested are far more likely to pay what you’re after (or close enough to it).

that is actually a good tip for me...cheers :D:thup:

That's interesting. I never knew this. I just assumed that if I had my asking price as "unspecified" clubs would take it that he was not for sale. I might try this as constant bis become very annoying and have in the past led to my players being unsettled (not so much now).

It is interesting as I never really bother with this.

i bought moutinho for around 10m and sold him for 30m to inter, didnt even transfer list him either!

Archived